Clicky

Stefan
Hello,

I have the following problem. I use HoudahGeo (2.5.7) to geocode old photos with the map. These coded photos show up fine under places on my iPhone (iOS 4.0.2), but they do not show up on my iPad (iOS 3.2.2).

On the other hand photos which have been directly coded by the iPhone camera or my Panasonic DMC-TZ-10 show up fine under places on the iPhone AND on the iPad, too. Something must be different with the direct geocodes from the two cameras and the later added geocodes by HoudahGeo.

Any help?

Stefan

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am baffled by this. HoudahGeo sets both EXIF and XMP geotags. I am not aware of any other place to store location data.

Could you email me 2 sample files - one showing the location and one not showing the location - so that I can compare them?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Stefan
[QUOTE=houdah]Could you email me 2 sample files - one showing the location and one not showing the location - so that I can compare them?[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course. to which e-mail address shall I send it?
Stefan
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please send them to info [at] houdah [dot] com

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
Stefan
Hello Pierre Bernard,

I have tried to prepare you the test files, but I cannot reproduce the problem. After I have copied two test photos (with and without the HudahGeo-added GPS-information) iTunes actualised also 236 old photos and now the new test photos and these old photos showed up correctly under places on the iPad. But there are still many more photos with HoudahGeo-added GPS-infos, which do not show up under places on the iPad. I tried to delete all photos on the iPad and synchronize them again, but without success.

I will wait for the forthcoming  iOS 4 update for the iPad and hope that the problem will be solved then.

Stefan

0 0
Stefan
I could finally solve the problem.

iTunes converts all photos for the iPad before synching them. In order to speed up this process for future syncs the converted photos were stored in a folder called "iPod Photo Cache". Obviously iTunes does not detect when HoudahGeo changes the GPS data of photos which have already have been synched to the iPad before.

In order to force a complete new conversion of all photos the folder "iPod Photo Cache" can be deleted. Afterwards the iPad shows up the places correctly.

Stefan

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for posting the workaround here.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0