HoudahGeo looks at the com.apple.iApps.plist preferences file to find the iPhoto library.
Please check that preference:
1. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
2. Paste in the following line:
defaults read com.apple.iApps iPhotoLastOpenedDatabase
3. Hit return
You should see an response like this:
This should point at a AlbumData.xml file within your iPhoto library.
If the entry is missing or wrong, start iPhoto while holding the option key.
It will ask you to point it to the iPhoto library.
Now check that the AlbumData.xml is not out of date.
1. In Finder, go to the Pictures folder (or wherever your iPhoto library is)
2. Right-click or control-click your "iPhoto Library.photolibrary" file
3. Select "Show Package Contents" from the context menu
You should find the AlbumData.xml within the "iPhoto Library.photolibrary" package.
Check the modification date on the file.
If you suspect something is wrong with the file, move it to a different folder or the Trash.
Relaunch iPhoto. It will create a new file.
Houdah Software s.à r.l.