Clicky

tsanchai
I have upgraded to version 2.7.3 today and I have enable Show HoudahSpot Global Menu in Preferences.

HoudahSpot Magnifying Glass icon that used to show up in Menu Bar won't show up as it was in the previous version. 

In addition to that HoudahSpotHelper won't start at log in even though it is in the log in list.

To solve this, I have uninstall and reinstall HoudahSpot completely using CleanApp, but the Magnifying Glass icon still won't show up in Menu Bar.

How can I get the Magnifying Glass icon back in my Menu Bar? I run Mac OSX 10.6.3 in my Macbook Pro Early 2008 15 inches, Intel

Help please!
0 0
Mo
I came here with the same issue.

Console-app read "Unable to find class: HelperApplication, exiting" and somewhere in the back of my head a little bell rang...

I then compared the HoudahSpotHelper application with that of 2.7.2 and started with the Info.plist file. What I discovered was that the key 'NSPrincipalClass' had the value HelperApplication and not like that of 2.7.2. 2.7.2 said NSApplication.

Changed 'NSPrincipalClass' to NSApplication in the Info.plist inside HoudahSpotHelper, saved and relaunched HoudahSpot and voilà, it works (at least until it is properly fixed)!

If you don't have an easy way to change .plists - use PrefSetter which is freeware.

Good luck! 
0 0
tsanchai
Thank Mo for your iformation.

I opened info.plist in HoudahSpotHelper application of 2.7.3 with Plist Editor Pro and found the key "NSPrincipalClass" has the value of "Application", not "HelperApplication" as you stated.

When I change "NSPrincipalClass" to "NSApplication" and save the info.plist file, HoudahSpot won't start properly. When I replace the edited info.plist with the original info.plist HoudahSpot start properly

May be I have done something wrong. Can you send me the edited info.plist file to me at tsanchai@yahoo,com please.

Or if you can't sent it, can you elaborate more detail on what you have done so I can follow it

Thank for great information
0 0
Mo
Noooo! You changed the wrong Info.plist... 

The Helper application (responsible for the global menu) is another app deeper inside HoudahSpot. Full path is HoudahSpot.app/Contents/Resources/HoudahSpotHelper.app/Contents/Info.plist.
This one has the 'NSPrincipalClass'/'HelperApplication' key/value you're looking for and have to change to 'NSApplication'.

No wonder HoudahSpot won't start since you changed the Info.plist for the main app! Trash HoudahSpot, then start over with a fresh copy of 2.7.3 and it will work. 

I have done this twice now since I trashed the wrong copy after comparing them. 

To the developer; I still get some errors in console after this so there may be other bugs/hickups as well?

From the console:
6/4/10 21:51:00         HoudahSpot[1968]                 Can't find app with identifier com.houdah.HoudahSpotHelper
6/4/10 21:51:04         HoudahSpotHelper[1974]         Unknown class HHGradientBox in Interface Builder file at path /Applications/HoudahSpot.app/Contents/Resources/HoudahSpotHelper.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/HoudahSpotHelper.nib.
6/4/10 21:51:04         HoudahSpotHelper[1974]         Unknown Window class HHSlidingWindow in Interface Builder file, creating generic Window instead
6/4/10 21:51:04         HoudahSpotHelper[1974]         loadApplicationPreferences
6/4/10 21:51:09         HoudahSpotHelper[1974]         loadApplicationPreferences
6/4/10 21:51:09         HoudahSpotHelper[1974]         loadApplicationPreferences
6/4/10 21:51:12         HoudahSpotHelper[1974]         loadApplicationPreferences
6/4/10 21:51:12         HoudahSpotHelper[1974]         loadApplicationPreferences
6/4/10 21:51:50         HoudahSpotHelper[1974]         loadApplicationPreferences
6/4/10 21:51:50         HoudahSpotHelper[1974]         loadApplicationPreferences
*END*
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Several customers have noted the same problem. 

Mo has uncovered several issues. Thanks for the investigative work.

I will try to fix the issue today.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
RobertVJ
"I will try to fix the issue today."

Great. I assume that this will show up as 2.7.4; I have the same problem.
0 0