Clicky

gw666
 The problem I was having with HoudahSpot 2 and Snow Leopard is that when I launch it, it appears in the Dock, then immediately disappears and generates an error message that blames QuickLookUI. The answers on this forum didn't help (e.g., rebuilding the Spotlight database). The following, which appeared on a different website describing the same problem, did. In the Terminal, execute:

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLook.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/QuickLookUI.framework

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLook.framework/QuickLook /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLook.framework/QuickLookUI

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLook.framework/Versions/A/QuickLook /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLook.framework/Versions/A/QuickLookUI

This worked fine for me; I'm adding it here in case someone else is having the same problem.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Please don't do this! Please point me to the forum where this idea originated.

QuickLookUI.framework was a private framework in Leopard. It was used by Apple applications. It was not meant to be used by third party applications. Unfortunately, it also was the only way to get access to QuickLook. Thus I resorted to using it in HoudahSpot.

With the advent of Snow Leopard, that private framework went away and was replaced by a public one.

Recent versions of HoudahSpot check whether they are running on Leopard or Snow Leopard and use the appropriate framework. 

This has been implemented about 3 versions ago. Thus the real solution to the problem, is to upgrade to the current version of HoudahSpot.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0