Clicky

lahaina
I just upgraded to HS 3.0.2 and have discovered that I cannot get the HoudahSpot Helper to load as a login item. I use the Global Menu Bar magnifying glass icon a lot and hope this can be worked out. 

If I launch HoudahSpot, then the HoudahSpot Helper process is started and remains open after HoudahSpot closes, so that is a temporary workaround.

Also, I think the behavior of the Magnifying Glass item is changed. It used to be that clicking on it opened a menu of template items. Now, the click brings up a BlitzSearch window. I have to use a two finger or control + click to open the menu of template items.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

HoudahSpot Helper should be set to load at login when you enable at least one of: global menu item, global shortcuts or Tray.

Please try disabling one of those an then re-enabling it.

Is HoudahSpot Helper now installed as login item?
Were there any error messages in /Applications/Utilities/Console.app?
Which version of Mac OS X are you running?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
lahaina
Hi Pierre,

Under no circumstance--enabling all, none or some--of the preferences you reference will the HoudahSpot Helper be made to load as a login item.

When enabling the Tray and/or Global Menu Item, and/or Global Shortcuts then HoudahSpot Helper will load while HoudahSpot.app is running and remain loaded after HoudahSpot.app is closed.

I see no console messages that indicate events related to HoudahSpot.

I would like to enable HoudahSpot Helper as a login item. It seems to me that the essence of the problem here is that this is not working on my machine.

Because adding login items via the OS X Accounts Preference Pane does not allow the user to look inside program packages, it is not possible to manually add HoudahSpot Helper as a login item as it it within the HoudahSpot.app package.

I am running OS X V10.6.4, fully patched. Almost forgot to mention. Your version 2.7.4 was working just fine.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I will investigate further. Meanwhile you may use the following workaround:

In the Finder, right-click the HoudahSpot.app icon and select "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to the Resources folder and find HoudahSpotHelper.app. Now open System Preferences. Go to Accounts, Login Items. From the Finder window, drag HoudahSpotHelper.app into the Login Items list.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
lahaina
Ha! A mac user of some 23 years and I missed this elementary workaround. It hadn't occurred to me that I could just drag an item into the login items box! Thanks!
0 0