PDF Documents: Author
Source Code: File Type"[/I]

and:
[I]"• name: search only file names
• text: search only text contents
• any: search any text attribute but the name and text contents
• tags: search only OpenMeta tags
• whereFrom: search the files' origins

'text:Houdah name:Tembo' searches for files whose name contains "Tembo" and whose contents includes "Houdah"
'whereFrom:iChat text:Tembo' searches for iChat transcripts which contain "Tembo"[/I]

But, how can I use all those things? For example, how can I find a mail send by "houdah" to "me" with the title "software" around May 2011? Or a simpler search like all the mail from "houdah"?

I often use boolean criteria to find something and I'm disappointed because it's seems that Tembo doesn't understand it.

If you could teach me how to use criteria, that would be very kind. Thanks in advance.

-MATSYA-
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The Tembo search field understands a basic query language. So you might enter "name:software" to find files of messages with the word "software" in their name or title.

Tembo will display grouped results. For each group it will show the top 10 matches. You may drill down into a group by double-clicking its header.

Once you drilled down into the "Messages" group, you will see up to 2500 results matching your query for "software". To the right of the search results you will see the context sensitive filters. In the "Messages" group these are: subject, sender, recipient. These help you narrow down from the 2500 results shown. Enter "houdah" into the sender field to filter the results down to mails sent by houdah.

You may create boolean queries using the AND/OR/NOT or +/|/! operators. E.g. "nameierre AND name:Bernard"

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Matsya
Hi.

With Tembo, if I want to find a file which is in the folder "Bills" and which has the word "train" in its name. How can I do that?

Thanks

-MATSYA-
0 0
houdah
Hi Matsya!

1. Drag the "Bills" folder toe the "Where" section of the Tembo window
2. Enter "name:train" in the search field

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
Matsya
So, I have to put all the folders where I want to search something at every search?! o_0 That's crazy... And stupid. What a waste of time and usefullness... Why can't I use the "where" searching criteria in the search field like "whereFrom" for example?

Is there another way to do my search?

---

Donc, si je comprends bien, je vais devoir -à chaque fois- mettre le dossier dans lequel je veux faire une recherche dans la section "Where" ?! C'est une grosse perte de temps et d'efficacité ! Pourquoi est-ce que je peux pas utiliser le critère de recherche "where" dans la barre de recherche comme je le fais avec "whereFrom" par exemple ?

Y a-t-il une autre manière de réaliser ma recherche ?

-MATSYA-
0 0
houdah
Hi!

You don't have to do it each time. You can set scopes in Tembo > Preferences > Scopes.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
Matsya
Ok, but the problem is still there.

I can't and I don't want to put all my folders in the "Scopes" preferences...

Is there another solution?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

You may also install the free Command-F and configure it to use Tembo.

Now you can navigate to a folder in the Finder and hit cmd-F to search its contents using Tembo.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
Matsya
Ok, that's something helpful...  <br /><br />... but in the way a search tool as to be used.  <br /><br />If I go directly in the folder with the Finder, I can use to Finder's search tool. So why did I buy Tembo? What's the benefits after all?  <br /><br />I'm very disappointed.  <br /><br />What about adding the "where:" criteria to "name:", "text:", etc.?
0 0
houdah
The benefits of Tembo include: grouped results, filters, …<br /><br />Best,<br />Pierre Bernard

0 0
Matsya
Ok, thanks for your patience.

Perhaps, is that possible to use HoudahSpot (specially the blitzsearch?) to search something with just 1 sentence and not by many clics?

Example: I want to type this: is:txt where:bills name:supplier

Thanks in advance for your answer.

-MATSYA-
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I see two solutions which come close to what you are trying to do.

In Tembo:

1. Select File > New Detail Search > New PDF Document Search
2. Enter "name:supplier"

Unfortunately, specifying the location to search is not that easy. A text entry of "where:bills" is ambigous. There could be many "bills" folders. You would need to type in a full path. This is not practicable.

In HoudahSpot:

If you regularly search the "bills" folder for PDF files, you could set up a template to do that. You would then just need to load the template and enter the word "supplier".

HoudahSpot can search multiple locations in one go. Locations are saved with the template.

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0