Clicky

AggieBQ72
Is there any way to use HoudaSpot to search back through multiple time machine backups for a specific file?  If not multiple...is there a way to just search a specific TM backup for a file?

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am not sure how a Time Machine backup is structured.

I just gave searching my backup a try. It appeared to work when mounting the Time Machine sparse bundle and pointing HoudahSpot to the Backups folder within.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Screenshot 2015-04-20 21.11.41.png 
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
AggieBQ72

Pierre:

I have tried Option-Clicking the Time Machine icon and that takes me to the normal screen for looking at TM backups where the dates is on the right side and I can scroll up to the date I want to look at.  However, Even though I see the HS "glasses" on the top bar I cannot get it to run while TM is open.  Can you be a little more specific when you said you mounted your sparse bundle and then started HS

Thank you!!

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I meant you should mount the volume where Time Machine stores its files.

In my case that is a drive attached to a Mac mini on the network.
I first need to mount that remote drive using Finder. For that I select the Mac mini in Finder and select "Connect As"

Then I double-click the drive attached to the Mac mini. In my case "Backup".
There I find a disk image with the name of my Mac: "MacBook Pro.sparsebundle"
I double-click that to mount the disk image.

If your Time Machine backup is on a Time Capsule, I imagine the procedure is similar.
If your backup is on a local drive, you probably just need to find and mount the disk image.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0