One day, pairing troubles happened.

from iPhone/Settings/General/Bluetooth                         --> OK
from MacbookPro/Type2Phone/Click here to connect   --> NO

fix this and help me please.
sorry for my poor English 
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Connecting from Type2Phone > Click here to connect will work only once and as long as the device is paired with the Mac. I.e. until you "Forget this device" on the iPhone.

Once you connected from iPhone > Settings > General > Bluetooth, the device is paired to your Mac. You should not need to redo the pairing.

What happens when you try to connect from Type2Phone? Is there an error message?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
m73f74
I should need a repairing by manual every time I go somewhere and back.... not automatically reconnected.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

That is not normal.
You should not need to redo the pairing on a regular basis.

What error message do you get when trying to reconnect?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
m73f74
Click here to connect/myiphone...
Connection failed.   <- error message
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am sorry, I cannot currently think of an explanation why this would happen.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
LGH
I have the same problem. It always worked perfectly, and from one day to another the automatic connection via type2phone stopped working. Repairing the phone manually via the iPhone's Bluetooth setting still works, but I need to do it every time. Ignoring the device and then repairing it doesn't help (permanently) either.

I'm not sure if the problem came with the latest type2phone update or with another system update.

Still, cool program. But obviously I only use it for really long texts anymore, since the pairing's now much more time intensive…
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I have seen similar behavior with pre-release versions of Mac OS X 10.7.3. We reported the problem to Apple and the bug was fixed for the final release of the update.

The bug had the effect that the first attempt to reconnect would fail. A second attempt done immediately after that would go through.

Is that the same thing you are seeing? Or is it mandatory to pair the devices afresh?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
iynque
I'm having the same problem. Here are some more details...

I have tried initiating Bluetooth pairing from System Preferences on my Mac, and also initiating it in Preferences on my iPhone. This does not seem to make any difference. I have also tried the exact procedure described in the FAQ where I removed the devices on both, shut down Bluetooth on both, and started fresh. The pairing is not a problem at all, just the reconnecting after the devices are already paired, and the problem seems to be with Type2Phone recognizing that the connection has been made.

I expect to open Type2Phone, click to connect (or in my case, automatic reconnection on launch), and moments later be able to use my MacBook Pro keyboard to type on my iPhone.

What happens instead is I open Type2Phone, click to connect, and it says "Connecting..." until I see "Connection failed." During this process, I see Hardware Growler (another app) tell me that my iPhone has connected via Bluetooth, but Type2Phone doesn't seem to recognize this. Then, a while later, Hardware Growler tells me my iPhone Bluetooth connection is disconnected, just before Type2Phone reports a connection failure.

If I have Type2Phone open and I go into the Bluetooth settings on my iPhone, I can tap my MacBook Pro's name in the list, and a connection is made properly every time in just a few moments. I don't have to do anything with my MacBook Pro; I just open Type2Phone and tap my computer in the iPhone's Bluetooth settings.

Although effective, this is not very convenient. I want to connect a keyboard to my phone for whatever I am doing at the time. I do not want to have to switch the phone to the settings app in order to make a connection. This morning, for example, I wanted to control the music playing on my iPhone, which was in the next room. Instead, I had to go to the phone to make the connection work, and at that point it was easier to just control the music from the iPhone, not my computer using Type2Phone.

Anyway, that's what I know. It's not a problem with pairing, although re-pairing will make a successful connection. It's some sort of problem with how the connection is handled on subsequent attempts.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am sorry to hear reconnect does not work for you.

Do you have a developer account with Apple?
If so, I could walk you through the procedure of obtaining a Bluetooth packet log.
This could help us understand what is going on.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
iynque
Sure. I looked up how to open the xCode Packet Logger on my Mac, but I'm not sure what I'm doing with it or how you want the log delivered to you 

Just let me know what to do and I'll post the info however you want to see it!
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Please do the following:

1. Launch Packet Logger
2. Click the "Clear" toolbar button
3. Launch Type2Phone
4. Try to reconnect using Type2Phone
5. Back in Packet Logger, save the log as pklg file
6. Mail me the file at pierre . bernard at houdah . com

Best,
Pierre Bernard