Clicky

rob
After not  using ACTPrinter for a while, I just tried to print to my iphone like I normally do.  I opened ACTPrinter on my iphone, waited for the printer light to turn green, and then selected "Print to iPhone" on my computer.  The ACTPrinter application popped up, but the "select your device" menu was empty.  Both my computer and phone are on the same wireless network, and this is the same network that worked for me before.  I realized I was running 1.3, so I installed 1.4 but still no luck.

My computer is a Mac running OSX 10.6.4, and my iphone is 3G running iOS 4.0.1
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble.

The only difference between 1.3 and 1.4 is that the option to disable image compression has been added.

ACTPrinter uses Bonjour to find the device. Please verify that you have not made any recent changes to your router or firewall which could block this kind of traffic.

Some customers report that Bonjour problems go away when file sharing is enabled on the Mac. That surely is worth a try.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
rob
Thanks Pierre.  I tried turning on file sharing and no luck.  My computer's firewall is off too.  I was able to get it to work using an ad-hoc network though.  That plus the fact that I'm now having the same problem with all apps that are supposed to pair to my computer - they work over an ad-hoc network but not over the same wi-fi suggests to me that the problem is with my wifi network, which is at work.

Is there a way to tell whether the IT people have changed something with the wi-fi network to block pairing, or is there something I can do to get it to work again?  The only help I can find online is "connect both devices to the same wifi network."  Which I have.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Bonjour uses multicast traffic. Your router is probably blocking that.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
JanW
After installing ACTprinter on my iPhone 3Gs and installing ACTprinter Win on mt PC, running Win7, it worked well. I did a single print, just to test.
But now, a few days later, the iPhone doesn't show up in the selectionlist in the ACTprinter box.
My iPhone is connected with an USB cable (no wireless) and syncs with iTunes, and is also visible in Explorer.
ACTprinter is running on the iPhone (with firmware 4.1).

Virusscanner Kaspersky never posed any problem, and I would not know what to change. But in the same configuration, last week it worked well.
I reinstalled ACTprinter Win, but still no result.

Would you have a suggestion?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

ACTPrinter cannot print via the USB cable. It only works over a WiFi network.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
JanW
Dear Pierre,

Thanks for your quick reply. It works (as you might have guessed).
I had turned WiFi off on my iPhone. Turned it on, and it showed up as supposed to.
Thank you,
Jan
0 0
riplavin
I am having a similar problem. I installed Actprinter on my Mac and Ipad2. it worked fine to print 5 articles the first day I used it. On the second day, when I attempted to print an article to "Print to iphone" my the device list was empty, although my iPad was clearly connected to the Mac. I have enabled filesharing on my Mac. It had just synched. How do I get Actprint to recognize the presence of the iPad. Could there be confusion because I have both an ipad and an ipod connected simultaniously to the Mac?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

For ACTPrinter to see your iOS device, both your Mac and iOS device need to be on the same network. ACTPrinter needs to be running and frontmost on your device. The main screen of ACTPrinter shows a drawing of a printer. That printer should show a green status light.

Has anything changed to your network setup since you last had ACTPrinter working? I.e. did you update the router or the firewall, …

Having multiple devices should not be a problem.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0