Clicky

greyart
Have used HoudaGeo very successfully for some time. Machine is a IMac Intel and a Unibody MacBook Pro each running OSX 10.5.6, all updates applied. Houda Geo at latest level. Symptoms the same.
Imports photographs from card reader as normal, list of names in Red, note Iphoto tries to grab them first and displays the correct scenes.
Import the Log file from my ATP Logger as normal, the position and height is correctly recorded.
Then export to Google and receive a error message saying that "One or more of the images were missing. They were skipped." track and points appear in Google Map but no Image.
Can you help?
GreyArt
0 0
houdah
Hi!

You should see that message only if some of the files have moved since HoudahGeo loaded them.

Are you sure the images are still in place at the time you export to Google Earth?
Maybe iPhoto has meanwhile imported the images and erased the memory card.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
greyart
The images are still on Memory card, IPhoto was stopped by setting preferences to "no application". New Project created in Houda, both card and Tracker attached to USB hubs. Read the photos from the card as a file, read in GPS and the Location information was all set correctly. Saved the project and it is shown as 84k by Info. 12 photos each about 4meg seem to have shrunk rather! Verified images still on card using Preview. Tried to do a Export to Google Earth and the Message about No Images received.
GreyArt
0 0
houdah
Hi!

HoudahGeo does not copy the image files into the project. It just references them by path. That's why the images need to remain in the same location.

Could you please check /Applications/Utilities/Console.app for error messages as you try to export to Google Earth?

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0
greyart
Moved the USB plugs over onto a Windows Netbook running XP. Used RoboGeo to create a complete record. Opened it in Google Earth and all was OK.
Attached find the Log for Houda.
Edit Added. Found the cable to connect the camera directly to the Mac's without my trusty Card Reader, both the Imac and the PowerBook work correctly without the Card Reader. Looks like panic over, at least until another card reader purchased.
Thanks for your help.
GreyArt
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I just verified the source code. The message "Cannot read file: /Volumes/NO NAME/DCIM/102_PANA/P1020254.JPG" get logged to the console when the image cannot be copied to the temporary directory.

There are several possible explanations:
- The file is no longer at the specified location
- You don't have the necessary permission to read the file (unlikely)
- There is not enough room available on disk to copy the image to the temporary directory
- You don't have write rights to the temporary directory (unlikely)

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0
KeithB
I had a problem like this when I tried to process JPEGS (in the demo version) from my "shared" directory.  Moving them to the desktop solved the problem, and I had to enter my admin password to perform the copy.  So, it seemed to be a permissions problem.  In retrospect, it might have been better to use my "dropbox" rather than the "shared" directory.

ETA: I imported to my son's account and iPhoto Library since it was "his" camera I was using.  I then exported the files to the shared directory to transfer them to my account for processing with HoudahGeo.
0 0
greyart
The card reader has been replaced and all problems are now resolved. Note that the Disk appeared on the desk top without interruption even when the files could not be accessed.
While trying to find a program for GPS that would run on Windows none were really satisfactory, lots of gloss and buttons but no simple work. Suggest you create a Houda Geo for the other side.
GreyArt
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Glad to hear you were able to solve your problems.

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0