Clicky

HenryB
I'm considering getting the ATP device to geotag my photos. I'll be in the wilderness backpacking so will not have access to a computer for many days. However, I do carry a small HyperDrive which will download my CF cards (Canon 30D).

I've looked at several products but all seem to need a computer (for many, a PC) to extract the data. My understanding is the ATP will tag the images on the card so that I could then download the card to my HyperDrive. I also understand it will only tag the JPEG files. I usually shoot RAW+JPEG, so my questions are ....

1. Is there a way, once I am back to my iMac, to write the gps data from the JPEG to the matching RAW file?

2. Any other solutions you might suggest?

Thank you very much for your help.

Henry

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I would suggest you extract track log files (GPX or NMEA) out of your ATP device.

Once back home, you may use HoudahGeo to match both JPEG and RAW images to your track log.

Please note that Canon has used several RAW formats in the past. Only CR2 is fully supported by HoudahGeo. CRW and Canon's customized TIF formats are not supported.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
HenryB
I assume then that I can extract the log file rather than letting the ATP write directly to the JPEG on the CF card....correct?

Thanks for your help.

Does it matter which version of your software I purchase?

thanks for your help. I'm new to geotagging and the Mac...so your assistance is appreciated!

Henry

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I have never handled an ATP device myself. There are however forum posts from other users who managed to exact track logs.

HoudahGeo licences currently sold are for HoudahGeo 1.x (1.4 or later). Should HoudahGeo 2.0 be released within 3 months of your purchase, you qualify for a free upgrade.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0