Clicky

robsgeo
Hi,

I would like to tag a number of files I have on my laptop. At times I will need to move these files onto another computer for consolidation purposes but would not like loose the tags.
Just copying the files will not do it. On the other hand I'm not keen on tagging these files all over again. There might also be a chance that some tags are added, changed or deleted on that other system using Houdahspot.
Is there a way to synchronize these different versions with Houdahspot ?

Thanks
Rob

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Copying the files using the Finder should work. I just tested copying a tagged file to another machine on the local network.

Copying using DropBox will however lose the tags.

Currently HoudahSpot has no way to synchronize tags between two copies of a file.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
robsgeo
Hi,

I've done a few tests and things work great. Adding tags on one system, copying the file to an external harddist and moving these onto another system works great. Everything is there. It also works with Pathfinder and Pathfinder's dropbox. It does not work with scp (as was expected) and probably not with rsync either but I could live with that.

I do have two more questions though. 
It is possible to add Houdahspot to the Finder toolbar. Since I prefer  Pathfinder it would be great to have it there. I tried a few things but couldn't get Pathfinder to add it. Copying the search.app to the package did not work as I cannot find it among the items I can add to the toolbar. But then I cannot see it in Finder's "Customize Toolbar ..." menuitem either.

The other question I got is whether it is possible to group tags to keep the tray "clean".

Thanks
Rob
0 0
houdah
Hi!

For PathFinder integration, you would need to check with the PathFinder folks. Chances are there is already a way of doing this. HoudahSpot may indeed be called using AppleScript.

Currently there are only two "groups": Favorites and Recent Tags. You may rearrange favorite tags, but there is no way of creating groups.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0