Clicky

houdah
LaunchBar is a popular application launcher, clipboard manager, and much more.

HoudahSpot is a powerful file search tool. It takes the guesswork out of Spotlight searches and helps you find file hidden deep in the "haystack" of files accumulated over the years.

The "Search with HoudahSpot" LaunchBar action provides an elegant way to start a HoudahSpot search using LaunchBar.

The action accepts text input. Select the action in LaunchBar and press the space key to start entering text. The action will start a HoudahSpot search with the text. By default, HoudahSpot searches for files matching the text you have entered. The search field does allow for more complex queries. See the HoudahSpot User Guide for more details.

The action also accepts a folder location. Select the action in LaunchBar and press the return key. You will be ask to select a folder. The action will open a new HoudahSpot search focussed on the selected location.

Download link: Search with HoudahSpot.lbaction

LaunchBar.gif
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Jono
That's great, thanks [smile]
0 0
jgjones28

re: The action also accepts a folder location. Select the action in LaunchBar and press the return key. You will be ask to select a folder. The action will open a new HoudahSpot search focussed on the selected location.

Just to make sure I'm understanding how the action works, I can start a text search or I can select a folder location that opens HoudahSpot with a blank search of a folder location, but it is not possible to start a text search in a folder location all from the LaunchBar action-is this correct?

0 0
houdah
Yes, you can pass either location or search text.
I don't think there is a way for LaunchBar actions to pick up both text and a folder location.

Once the search opens in HoudahSpot you can, of course, configure it: add search criteria, specify locations to search or exclude, …

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
jgjones28
Got it-thanks!
0 0