Clicky

ilya56
Hey, Pierre!
Than you for one of the best apps for mac.
I'm very happy that you implemented a feature to enabe/disable the search criteria in the left pane. I'd suggest a step further: to make an "intellectual choice". Provide a little space at the left for small checkbox in each criteria. Make an automatic select for sub-criteria.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for the feedback.

I made the choice not expose the feature so prominently as that it would "clutter" / "overload" the user interface for those who do not use the feature.

The disabling of a group already applies to all its sub-criteria. HoudahSpot also remembers which of the sub-criteria were enabled / disabled at the time you disable their parent group. When you re-enable the parent group, the sub-criteria regain the enabled / disabled status.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
ilya56
Thanks!
Is it possible to make it in Preferences?
I mean whether to show the checkbox or not

We could "unclutter" the space if we move these three buttons (add/remove/group) up to the level of "Refine"/"Locations". To use any of these buttons you should choose the criteria after which it'll be inserted/deleted/grouped etc.
0 0
ilya56
any thoughts...
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I believe the buttons to add criteria or groups are used frequently. Often it is important to specify where the new row needs to be inserted. This operation should not require more than one click. Thus it is imporant to have the buttons on each row.

I will see if I can find ways to make enabling/disabling criteria quicker to access. In betas I had an option where a long press on the "-" button showed a menu with a choice of remove or disable. At the time I had rejected the idea in favor of the current context menu entry.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0