Clicky

raimondodibella
I'm enjoying HoudahGeo 2.8.6 but I experiment two problems:
1) sometimes iMedia window doesn't show, I mean that nothing happens when i click "add Images from Library". I need to delete the HoudaGeo .plist file to fix the problem but, after a while, it appears again.

2) I get modified exif lens information when I force HodahGeo to create XMP sidecar files (at least, I think it happens in this case). For example my "EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM" becomes "Canon EF24-105mm f/4L IS" and my "EF17-40mm f/4L USM" becomes "Canon EF17-40mm f/4L" It seems the same but Lightroom automatic lens correction cannot work.

How to fix?

Thank you.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

1. Are you using multiple monitors? HoudahGeo tries to open the media browser at the location where it was on last use. This could actually be on the other monitor. Anyways it's a bug.

2. The lens names are hard-coded in /Applications/HoudahGeo.app/Contents/Resources/lib/Image/ExifTool/Canon.pm. You may modify that file, but need to remember to fix it after every upgrade of HoudahGeo.

You may also try creating the XMP sidecar file using Lightroom and then have HoudahGeo write coordinates to it.

BTW, when using HoudahGeo in combination with Lightroom to tag photos, the media browser is not needed. I would actually recommend against using it as it slows down dramatically as your Lightroom library grows. I am working to improve that situation.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
raimondodibella
Thank you for your kind and quick answer.
1) No, I'm not using multiple monitors. It seems that iMedia window becomes progressively smaller and then disappears till I reset the preferences by deleting the .plist file.
2) I think that I'll create the XMP sidecar with Lightroom and than use HoudahGeo to write coordinates. Can I do this without using the media browser?

Best Regards

Raimondo Di Bella
0 0
houdah
Hi!

1. Thank you for the info. That will help me track down this bug.

2. Yes. Just drag the images from Lightroom or the Finder into HoudahGeo. HoudahGeo will notice the XMP sidecar sitting next to each image file and read and write to the sidecar.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
raimondodibella
Thank you very much. Have a nice day.
Raimondo
0 0
raimondodibella
Thank you very much, Pierre, for fixing the media browser bug in the last release!
Regards
Raimondo

0 0