Carlossos13
Hi,
this is what I've done:
- exported photos I want to geotag from Lightroom
- imported those photos with a time-lag into HoudahGeo
- imported log file
- geotagged photos
- exported those geotagged photos
- try to import the geotagged photos back into Lightroom (LR)

LR says: LR has encountered problems reading this photo. You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo.

Does Houdah Geo do something so LR can't read the photos anymore?
How could I prevent this?

Thanks for your help,
Claus

0 0
houdah
Hi!

HoudahGeo does write EXIF/XMP data to the image files if requested. Obviously that should not do any harm to the image files.

Which image file format are you using?

Which version of Lightroom are you using?
Which version of HoudahGeo are you using?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Carlossos13
Hi,
I am using LR 2.2 and HoudahGeo 2.1.
My camera (point and shoot) uses jpg and I stay all the way in jpg.

In the attached screenshot, which appears when I click "write EXIF",
- what does "Tag masters / originals" mean?
- would I want to create copies?
- what does "XMP sidecar" mean?

Also, do I need to export the images and then re-import into Lightroom, or is there a way to get them directly from HoudahGeo back into Lightroom?

Thanks for your help,
Claus

Click image for larger version - Name: EXIF_settings_HoudahGeo.jpg, Views: 9, Size: 43.65 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The "Tag masters /originals" option applies to Aperture and iPhoto. It lets you chose between tagging preview images or master files. You will want to tag master files.

The "Create copies" option instructs HoudahGeo to create copies of the images rather than working on the originals. You will want to uncheck this. Please be sure to have backup copies.

An XMP sidecar is a file living next to an image file. It can hold the image's metadata. When such a file is present, HoudahGeo uses it. The export option allows you to force the creation of a sidecar if none exists yet. You will want to uncheck this option.

Please refer to the Help documentation for more information.

Lightroom has the option to reload metadata for existing images. This is what you will want to use after geotagging your images with HoudahGeo.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Carlossos13
Pierre,
thank you very much for your help!
I think the keys were (1) to write the exif data on the originals, and (2) to reload the metatdata for the files from 1 within Lightroom.

Now I think I am very satisfied! :-)
I guess it's important to write the exif data at the very beginning of your workflow, because you don't want to add all your metadata in Lightroom, then write the location on exif, and then reload. I see the danger of loosing some metadata.

Anywho, thanks a lot!
Claus

0 0