Clicky

ericboehs
I'm using Type2Phone 1.2 with iSSH on the iPhone 4.  Lots of keys and combinations aren't sent (keys that work with a regular bluetooth keyboard).

Some examples are:
Esc
Function Keys (F1, F2, etc...)
Special Function Keys (brightness, play/pause, eject for displaying keyboard)
Most Ctrl based shortcuts (Ctrl-[, Ctrl-c, Ctrl-n, Ctrl-p)

Also it'd be nice if VoiceOver shortcuts could be used.  I could completely navigate my phone without ever touching it if we could send Ctrl-Alt shortcuts like:
Ctrl-Alt-S (to turn off speech)
Ctrl-Alt-H (to go to the home screen)
Alt-<arrow> (to scroll in that direction)
Ctrl-Alt-Space (to tap the selected item)

These of course need VoiceOver to be activated in General->Accessibility.  I have it bound to triple-click home.

I also noticed Shift-Tab didn't seem to navigate fields in reverse.

Are there plans to support any of these? I was hoping 1.2 was going to introduce a lot of these keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks!
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Type2Phone 1.2 added support for keyboard shortcuts using the command key as modifier.  Control-key based shortcuts should come with the next update.

Function keys did not quite make the cut for the 1.2 release. They are very high up on the wish and todo lists.

I had not yet thought of Shift-Tab. Will add that to the list right away.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
ericboehs
That's great news!

Looks like 1.1 was released about 2 weeks ago.  Maybe 1.3 for christmas?

I'd love to here more about release dates, beta testing, and planned features (via twitter or something).  UserVoice is great for finding out what features your customers want.

I could see people wanting a global hot key to activate/deactivate Type2Phone.

Thanks and keep up the awesome work.
0 0
ericboehs
Great progress in 1.3.  All the special function keys appear to be working and you got Shift-Tab working too!

I'm still having problems with Esc and Ctrl based shortcuts not working though.

I'm using iSSH with vim and I'd like to be able to press Esc to exit insert mode.  I have also tried Ctrl-[ and other ctrl based shortcuts; no go. Also there doesn't appear to be a way to send function keys either (e.g. F1 -- not decrease brightness but the actual F1 key).  I tried checking the option in Type2Phone > Preferences but that didn't seem to change anything (even after reconnecting to the device).  These all seem to work fine using the Apple bluetooth keyboard connected directly to the iPhone.

I'd also like to use Ctrl-Option and other option based shortcuts for VoiceOver.  Specifically Ctrl-Option-S to turn off speech, Ctrl-Option-Space to tap an item and Option-<arrow> to scroll in a direction.  Btw I believe eject normally shows/hides the keyboard.

One more thing: I'm not sure if you have any clout with the Bluetooth Keyboard Helper managed by Matthias Ringwal but BiteSMS support would be awesome!

Thanks again for the great product!
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I had hopes to fix this, but so far have hit a wall. It seems that Mac OS does not pass us all control-based key combinations as key events. Hence we cannot forward them.

I'll keep looking.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Matthias tells me that BiteSMS is itself already a Jailbreak tweak. It would be difficult/risky to go patch that.

You could ask the author of BiteSMS to implement a keyboard shortcut. This would be useful for both Type2Phone and keyboard users.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0