Clicky

GeertvB
Today I started using HoudahGeo 3 after upgrading.
I found some new features I liked.
But also some things that do not seem to work well (yet).

First of all, as said by others it would be very useful if it were possible to resize parts of windows like the map preview and the mediabrowser.

I have been using MediaBrowser to pick files for geocoding.
Most files are Nikon NEF with xmp sidecars (Lightroom) and some jpegs.
The files in the browser are sorted in a peculiar way.
My files are numbered and appear in a different order than in Finder.
Instead of 1, 2, ...,10, 11 I see 1,10,11,...,19,20 etc.

Also when I drag a file from the media browser window to the main window (in the import stage) files often do not appear there.
This is a serious problem when I want to process a large number of files.

Any  ideas?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for the feedback.

There is a known issue with HoudahGeo not picking up files which have no extension. HoudahGeo relies on the file name extension to determine file type.

Please use "Reveal in Finder" on one of the images that HoudahGeo refuses to load and verify it has a file name extension.

If it does, please try dragging it in from the Finder. Does HoudahGeo accept it in that situation?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
GeertvB
Hi,
All the files in the folder I was working on have extensions.
They even show up in the MediaBrowser.
One of the files even shows up 2x, even though it exists only 1x in Finder.

Also not all processed files get a green badge automatically.
Hope this helps.

Geert
0 0
houdah
Hi!

If you find an image that is consistently not loaded by HoudahGeo, I would appreciate if you could email me that for testing.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
GeertvB
I seem to have answered one of my questions myself.
It appears that Virtual copies in Lightroom show up as extra files in the MediaBrowser.
Can you confirm that?

Regards,
Geert
0 0
GeertvB
I get the impression that the problems exist mainly with saved HoudahGeo projects.
I would like to use them to keep track of what files that have been processed and which not.

If I start HoudahGeo fresh without a project files get selected OK. Also the time zone dialog appears.
If I start with a previously saved project, files dragged from MediaBrowser do not appear in the main window. Neither does the Time Zone dialog.

Regards,
Geert
0 0
GeertvB
I get the impression that the problems exist mainly with saved HoudahGeo projects.
I would like to use them to keep track of what files that have been processed and which not.

If I start HoudahGeo fresh without a project files get selected OK. Also the time zone dialog appears.
If I start with a previously saved project, files dragged from MediaBrowser do not appear in the main window. Neither does the Time Zone dialog.

Regards,
Geert
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The time zone dialog should show only once per project: the first time you add an image which lacks time zone information.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
gavind
Hi. Is this issue resolved on the current version?
0 0