Clicky

willfriedwald
sometimes I want to put the info I get from a houdah search into an eMail or something - I need the text of the info - the only way I have to export that info is to CTRL-C copy it & then paste it

it's rather awkward, as you can see below - is there a better way to do it?

thanks!

w

Everybody Loves You Now    Billy Joel    Songs In The Attic        /Volumes/Sivertsen/[B]/{Billy Joel}/Billy Joel - Songs In The Attic/06 - Everybody Loves You Now.mp3    6/19/07 9:04 PM    06 - Everybody Loves You Now.mp3   
Everybody Loves You    Charlotte Rae    I'd Rather Be Righrt    Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart    /Volumes/MATRIX2/05kb/Compilations/I'd Rather Be Righrt/11 Everybody Loves You.m4a    10/9/06 5:31 PM    11 Everybody Loves You.m4a   
Everybody Loves You - Sleepyhead    Mary Cleere Haran    I'd Rather Be Right/The Girl Friend    Rodgers & Hart    /Volumes/MATRIX2/05kb/Compilations/I'd Rather Be Right_The Girl Friend/05 Everybody Loves You - Sleepyhead.m4a    10/10/06 8:50 AM    05 Everybody Loves You - Sleepyhead.m4a   
Everybody loves you    Arnold Johnson Orch    Alex 029-A [ToNY]        /Volumes/STRIPED2_7/ProMatrix/Compilations/Alex 029-A [ToNY]/09 Everybody loves you.m4a    10/10/06 2:43 PM    09 Everybody loves you.m4a   
Everybody loves you    Jack Hylton Band    Alex 081-A [ToNY]        /Volumes/STRIPED2_7/ProMatrix/Compilations/Alex 081-A [ToNY]/16 Everybody loves you.m4a    10/10/06 2:58 PM    16 Everybody loves you.m4a   
Everybody Loves You    Jacques Renard Orch.    12/3/28 Vic. 21811        /Volumes/STRIPED2_7/Garrick Music misc/music/JazzAge/from Nancy Stanley/Jacques Renard Orch. - Everybody Loves You.mp3    5/17/07 8:15 PM    Jacques Renard Orch. - Everybody Loves You.mp3   
Everybody Loves You    Johnny Marvin & Aileen Stanley    Victor 21848        /Volumes/STRIPED2_7/Garrick Music misc/music/JazzAge/Johnny Marvin/Everybody Loves You.mp3    5/17/07 8:54 PM    Everybody Loves You.mp3   
Everybody Loves You    Sam Lanin    JH07-055 Sam Lanin [JH-ToNY]        /Volumes/STRIPED2_7/ProMatrix/JH/JH07-055/17 Everybody Loves You.m4a    6/16/09 3:08 PM    17 Everybody Loves You.m4a   
Everybody Loves You    Jacques Renard    JH09-085 Jacques Renard [JH-ToNY]        /Volumes/STRIPED2_7/ProMatrix/JH/JH09-085/17 Everybody Loves You.m4a    6/16/09 3:32 PM    17 Everybody Loves You.m4a   
Everybody Loves You    Sam Lanin v Irving Kaufman    OKeh Hot Dance Vol 2 1927-1930 [Leifert-Bumbera-ToNY]        /Volumes/STRIPED2_7/ProMatrix/Compilations/OKeh Hot Dance Vol 2 1927-1930 [Leifert-Bumbera-ToNY]/14 Everybody Loves You.m4a    6/29/09 9:52 AM    14 Everybody Loves You.m4a   

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Copy puts a tab-delimited version of your search results into the clipboard. This solution is very flexible as it respects the setup of columns you have made.

Tab-delimited text may be copied into a spreadsheet application like Numbers or Excel for further processing.

Search results may also be accessed from AppleScript. This could also provide you an export solution to match your needs.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
willfriedwald
is there a way to "copy" beyond CTRL-C - some other kind of copy option -

when I use copy & paste, I just get a mess, like the one I showed you (above)

I mean, when I post it into a text file or Word doc -

possibly if I paste it into a spreadsheet it's neater (will try that), but I'm really looking just to copy some of the info into simple text files & eMails...

0 0
houdah
Hi!

You may configure the number of columns displayed to change what is copied. E.g. you may want to reduce this to the name column only.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
willfriedwald
consider this an official "feature request"

it seems like a lot of work to configure the display every time you want to copy info out of the program - it would make more sense to have a feature that asks you the fields you wish to export.

there is a script which does this for iTunes ... maybe at some point there will be something like that for houdah...

w

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Feature request duly noted.

I however can think of no better way to implement things. You currently have the choice between two solutions:

- copy-paste as tab delimited text which may easily be edited in a spreadsheet or word processing program
- appleScript

You may also want to have a look at the third party PTHPasteBoard which allows you to run filters on your clipboard contents. E.g. it should be easy to have it transform tab delimited text into an HTML table.

Once I think of a better way to handle this, I sure will implement it.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0