Clicky

crsnydertx
New HoudahGeo user: second question re output.

I've used the output direct to Flickr feature and have encountered an issue: the GPS coordinates don't make it into the detailed EXIF data.  Some details:

When the photo is first loaded to Flickr, the first screen that comes up has a box at the bottom labeled Tags.  Sure enough, in the box are indication that the image is geotagged, and it shows the coordinates.  For instance:  geotagged geo:lat=29.1934661126 geo:lon=-94.9516517648 geo:alt=4.4085714286 geo:tool=HoudahGeo.  So far, so good.

However, when I proceed to Save, the image EXIF data does NOT include the latitude and longitude.  A link to a relatively nearby spot is included, but that doesn't help.  All the other EXIF data is displayed, so it must be something related to the coordinates only.

I recognize that this isn't a HoudahGeo issue; in all likelihood, something is wrong with my Flickr settings.  I just wonder if someone else here has encountered this issue and found a solution.

Thanks again!
0 0
houdah
Hi!

This is probably due to your Flickr privacy settings. Check that you have enabled "Import EXIF location data".

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
crsnydertx
If only it were that simple...

I uploaded an iPhone photo directly into Flickr and the GPS coordinates are visible.

I'm looking into whether Fuji cameras have non-standard placement of GPS coordinates in EXIF.
0 0
crsnydertx
Okay, one more test:

I took the same iPhone photo that was geotagged in the camera and loaded it into HoudahGeo.  Then I output to Flickr via HoudahGeo.  No coordinates....

Will do some more tests, but I believe there's something wrong with the format of the tags coming out of HoudahGeo.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

There are two ways to submit geotags to Flickr.
One is to have the geotags embedded in the image's EXIF data. This is what you get when your camera writes geotags or when you use HoudahGeo's "Export to EXIF/XMP" feature.
The other makes use of user-visible tags like "geo:lat=29.1934661126"

I believe Flickr upload in HoudahGeo provides geotags using both methods. I will however need to double-check this.

Have you tried using "Export to EXIF/XMP" and uploading the resulting image?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

HoudahGeo does write geotags to EXIF before uploading files to Flickr.

If you check "Include machine tags", HoudahGeo will add the "geotagged", "geo:lat", "geo:lon" etc. tags.

I have just uploaded a sample image to Flickr. Flickr correctly picked up the location information.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
crsnydertx
Pierre, thank you VERY much for your prompt reply.

I just tried bringing an image that had been tagged via HoudahGeo with output to EXIF/XMP Export directly into Flickr and the GPS coordinates were indeed present.  That's very good news.

I then loaded that same image back into HoudahGeo and exported to Flickr.  The latitude and longitude were absent in the Flickr EXIF.  Something isn't linking up correctly.

I appreciate your attention to this.  I have a workaround now but it would be nice to go directly to Flickr.

p.s.  Include machine tags was checked.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Can you try unchecking "include machine tags"?

Can you try downloading the image at full resolution from Flickr and check if it has geotags?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
crsnydertx
Pierre, unchecking the machine tags box doesn't help, as you would expect.

Re the image downloaded from Flickr:  yes, it does indeed have the latitude and longitude.  Why Flickr won't display it in the EXIF when loaded via HoudahGeo remains a mystery. 

I will try one more step to satisfy my personal curiosity:  I'll take a couple photos with another camera brand to see if it has anything to do with my Fuji having non-standard EXIF data.

Otherwise, I believe we chalk this one up to an anomaly in Flickr.

Thanks again for your help.
0 0