Clicky

fdrdime
I am trying simply to load a track file from an Oregon 600 into Houdah then select a folder full of pictures from the day.  This causes the photos to be quickly tagged with coordinates and elevation.  Perfect so far. 

Now I want notify Lightroom 6 and Aperture to place that information into the EXIF data.  Clicking "Notify Libraries" produces a menu headed by "no images to process" but give no indication why.  It worked a few years ago.

What must I do to complete the task?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The “Notify” feature works with Apple Photos 2.0, iPhoto and Aperture.

The workflow for Lightroom is different. In Lightroom you have the option to reload metadata from the image files. Lightroom will then pick up changes made by HoudahGeo.

Caveat: Lightroom will replace the metadata it has for the image with what it finds in the file. Thus changes made to metadata in Lightroom are lost unless you had previously written these to the image files or XMP sidecars. Check the user guide for a step-by-step workflow.

For the “Notify” feature to work, you need to use the media browser in HoudahGeo to add the images to the project. In the “Load” step, browse your Aperture library in the HoudahGeo sidebar and drag images from there to the project. This allows HoudahGeo to pick up information later needed by “Notify” to find the images in the Aperture library.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
fdrdime
Thanks: I am in S. Africa beginning a month of photography tomorrow.  I will rely on Lightroom or Aperture based on which allows me to tag the photos.  One of them has to work soon or I will be out of luck.

I am trying to figure out Lightroom 6 since Apple decided to kill off Aperture.  This option I have to "reload metadata from the image files" must exist somewhere.  Is it in preferences or "Catalog Settings" perhaps?

I notice that under the File Name in Library there is a box called "Sidecar files" that says XMP.  Is that good or bad?

Thanks again, LMH

0 0
houdah
Hi!

When in Library mode in Lightroom, you can select “Save Metadata to File” and “Read Metadata from File”.

There is also an option in Catalog Settings > Metadata to “Always write changes into XMP”. Depending on the file type of your images, Lightroom will either write the XMP to the actual image files or create XMP sidecar files.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
fdrdime
“Save Metadata to File” and “Read Metadata from File” are present in the pull-down menu so I guess they are selected.  I also selected Always write changes into XMP” from the metadata list.   "The file type of my images"?  I use only RAW if thats what that means.

I restarted the computer.  The 34 images were already tagged when I opened HoudahGeo but I still get "no images to process" if I hit "Notify Libraries."  I guess I'll be sticking to Aperture.  I just took a few more pictures to try again.

Thanks
0 0
fdrdime
Puzzles never cease.  I tagged today's 41 images easily on Aperture but Altitude never shows up.

Same pictures in Lightroom 6 are in a visible folder in Lightroom catalog but not seen by HoudahGeo so cannot be opened in the left bottom window to be tagged.  Nothing to do.  Restarted computer and got same results.

If Lightroom won't perform I will have to ignore it.
0 0
houdah
“Save Metadata” and “Read Metadata” are commands you need to invoke in Lightroom before and after editing metadata with an external program.

“Read Metadata from File” replaces the “Notify” feature you’d use with Aperture.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
houdah
It is not possible to notify Aperture of changes made to altitude.

When working with Lightroom, you can drag the original image file from Finder to the HoudahGeo project. Lightroom will pick up changes made by HoudahGeo when your “Read Metadata from File"

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
fdrdime
Found the 41 pictures, loaded today's tracks file.  Every photo tagged.  Still "no images to process." during output.   At least Aperture works.

LMH
0 0