Clicky

boblister
I have just geocoded and image using Google Earth which has provided location and height.  However the notify Aperture function in HoudahGeo does not transfer the height information.  Looking in this forum I see a posting  about this problem here http://forums.houdah.com/post/No-quotheightquot-data-in-Aperture-6046339 however the suggestion there of Reprocessing the Master Image now called Reprocess Original doesn't seem to work.  I am using the latest version of HoudahGeo and Aperture.

Another problem which I have emailed support about, but someone may have an answer here.  I have a Columbus V900 GPS Logger.  It seems about the best logger I can find but has a few drawbacks.  One of them is that HoudahGeo cannot read the files it produces.  They are CSV files that can successfully be processed by GPSBabel.  I would love to cut out that extra step and process the files directly.  

Alternatively find a better GPS logger.  Good loggers that do everything seem about as rare as a heard of unicorns!

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Please check that your image now actually has altitude information: add it to a fresh HoudahGeo project. It should show and altitude value.

If not, make sure you opted to "Tag Masters/Originals" and had the "Altitude" attribute checked during EXIF/XMP export.

If Aperture still fails to see altitude information, I would appreciate if you could email me the image file to the support address.

I just saw your email about the Columbus V900.
HoudahGeo does import CSV files and process them using GPSBabel.
I guess the options passed to GPSBabel don't match what is need to process V900 files.

Which options do you use with GPSBabel to process your files?
Could you email me  sample file?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
boblister
Now this is very odd.  It has geocoded the image however only shows long lat in Aperture.  However if I drag the original cr2 file out of the aperture library and import it again in a new project then it displays the correct information including height.  I dont think the preview is being updated from the original.  By importing again the preview is being generated from the new original that has the data embedded correctly.  Sounds a bit like an Aperture fault.

I have emailed a Columbus V900 track file for you to have a look at.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Sounds odd.

Aperture indeed has a JPEG preview for each version of a JPEG or RAW master.
When writing EXIF/XMP, HoudahGeo gives you the option to tag either previews or masters.
You could repeat the process to tag both.

Tagging previews hardly ever makes sense though. Previews are trashed an recreated by Aperture at each adjustment you make to an image.

Reprocessing Originals in Aperture should load the new metadata into the database and propagate it to the preview.
You could try making an adjustment to see if a new preview picks up the altitude information.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
boblister
I have got a bit closer now.  I found by selecting update from original in Aperture rather than rather than the Reprocess Original that I had tried.  Whats odd is that Long Lat are inserted straight away, it's just height thats missed.  Update from Original does insert it though.  I found making an edit didnt change anything.  
0 0