Clicky

Happy
Hi,

I'm new to geotagging and Houdah Geo.

I bought a Geotracking device called Networx iGeo which is distributed somehow exclusively via german Gravis stores.

This device was interesting because a license for HoudahGeo was included.

The device looks similar to a QStarz BT-1300 (very likely it is just sold with a different label).

I started two weeks ago after recording some tracks. The bluetooth connection was established quickly and after some problems with my macbook pros bluetooth device (needed to restart the mac) I could download the track file.

After that I took the device with me for a 5 day trip, making records of around 6-7 hours a day.

Back home I'm currently trying to download the trackfile, but I takes a very long time, currently almost 90 minutes and the HoudahGeo dialog doesn't even show any progress. (HoudahGeo 2.4.2, Snow Leopard 10.6.2)

In Mac Console I see the download was called at 21:14h, actually its 22:42h.
I tried before and got some read or write errors, but today the console output just contains the call:

18.02.10 21:14:11         HoudahGeo GE[337]         GPSController.m:471 /Applications/HoudahGeo GE.app/Contents/Resources/gpsbabel -w -t -i mtk -f /dev/cu.QstarzGPS-SPPslave -o gpx -F /var/folders/Vq/VqrdgTZjFimGzDqo1CtLQ++++TI/-Tmp-/875417A4-552D-42BC-A481-5A41B2FC1AC2-337-00000170E49D6319/886105-238759-749750-638629-694458-931732-291187.gpx

So my question:

Is my tracking device just a little piece of crap?

Or is such a long download time just usual?

Why don't I get any progress? (Houdah looks a little bit dead to me)

And why HoudahGeo doesn't at least create the file partially?

Thank in advance for bringing some ordr into my confusion!
H.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

From what I know, the iGeo is indeed a Qstarz BT-Q1300. I use the Qstarz regularly with no problems.

I would strongly recommend you try the USB connection. Bluetooth is much slower and much less reliable. Actually Qstarz does not even advertise Bluetooth downloading as a supported feature.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Happy
Thanks for the response.

Can you give me details about how to establish a USB download?
In the very short guide for the iGeo theres only a desription of the bluetooth download.

This feature would be very interesting!

Cheers
H.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

For the record, I just tried Bluetooth download. I left it running while we went out for dinner. When we returned, it was not done yet. The same download is instantaneous using USB.

To download using USB, set the device type to MTK. Set the port to USB. Then pick the device name from the combo box. HoudahGeo will suggest available names. The name will be something like usbmodem410 where the trailing number varies.

Please see the FAQ for more information.

P.S: Could you scan the documentation provided by Gravis? I have not yet seen it.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Happy
Hi Pierre!

Thank you very much for your help.
Now I know that downloading via USB is possible and very fast.
It took some minutes to download the 6.1 MB file!

Great!

Cheers!
H.
0 0