Clicky

jjaco
When I use the Media Browser, I see only the first pictures in my stacked Aperture 3 projects, so only these are geocoded. Is there a way to import all the pics in HoudahGeo, or, even better, to stamp the geocode from a picture in a stack in Aperture onto all other pictures in the same stack?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Jens
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I will need to look into the display of stacks.

As for tagging: You are probably (and should) tag master files. If your stack is made of versions, there is only one shared master file.

You should be able to bring tags to the individual versions by reloading metadata for each of them.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
jjaco
Hi Pierre,
thanks for the fast reply!
Yes, I do tag masters.
My stacks consist of several individual images, each with its own master. But in the Apple Media Browser, I just see the first image of each stack, though. This is true in other applications as well. 
An example you can see in MediaBrowser.png. And in Aperture.png you see the three images that are contained in my stack.

I am looking for a way to import these other images in my stack into HoudahGeo, so I can geotag them as well.

Thanks in advance,
Jens

Click image for larger version - Name: MediaBrowser.png, Views: 21, Size: 42.17 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Aperture.png, Views: 17, Size: 62.60 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I was misguided by my own way of using Aperture. I only stack different versions of the same image.

HoudahGeo uses the popular open source iMediaBrowser to browse libraries. This is used by many third party applications. Thus you are likely to see the same bug there too.

iMediaBrowser is currently undergoing major changes. Version 2.0 is about to be completed. Once it is, HoudahGeo is likely to migrate to that new version. This is however different to the extend of requiring a major overhaul of HoudahGeo. I cannot yet make any promises as to if or when this will happen.

I'll see if the bug can be fixed in iMedia 1.x

Until the bug is fixed, you will need to use the Finder to navigate to the master images on disk and drag those into HoudahGeo.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
jjaco
Hi Pierre,
thanks for the clarification and the tip. 

So I hope, it is possible for you to fix this bug - it would improve the usefulness of your program for me a lot!

Thanks,
Jens
0 0
iangs
Hi Pierre,

Any news on this being fixed?
I am a new user and love the functionality just this little issue upsetting my workflow and my enjoyment of your software.

Ian
0 0
gavind
I would also like some notes on this. Any luck? 
0 0
rsgeek
For what it's worth, HoudahGeo is still behaving this same way -- 5 years after the original post.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Aperture only shares the key photo of the stack with third party applications.

For HoudahGeo to access the Aperture library, you need to enable the "Share XML with other applications" in Aperture > Preferences > Previews. Aperture then maintains the ApertureData.xml file where it lists albums and photos. Here it lists only one entry for a stack of photos.

This is not a problem if all photos in the stack come from the same master image. HoudahGeo will be able to tag the original/master file just the same.

If you stack photos from different master images, you will need to tag these before stacking the images. I recommend geotagging early in the ingest workflow. Before or just after import into HoudahGeo.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0