Clicky

tway
I have read a few other posts referrring to older versions where the Open Selection command failed but it started happening for me on 3.5.8. When it occurred, it would return to expected behaviour after a complete reboot of computer (Mac Pro running 10.7.5).

It went from an occasional failure over the past year to always failing everytime I tried it this week.

HoudahSpot will not respond to Open Selection at all, even if I reboot, open the app, pick a simple find, and then try to open the selection, or open the enclosing folder in the folder hierarchy shown at the bottom of the HS window.

I upgraded to 3.63 (4793) but it still doesn't work.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am sorry I did not see your message earlier.

Open Selection appears to work fine here.

Is this happening for all files?
Or is it limited to certain file types?

Which applications does the "Open with selection…" menu suggest?

Please have a look at /Applications/Utilities/Console.app > All error messages
Are there any messages from HoudahSpot?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
tway
After several days of reboots Houdahspot's open folder functionality is working again.

I posted a longer detailed reply but it was lost after I failed to enter the code. Since I had to log in to post anyway, why is the code necessary?

Then I tried to edit the message and it said I cannot post again for 30 seconds. I was just EDITING it - what a stupid system.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am sorry. We are currently experiencing problems with the forum software.

This is the reason all my replies have been delayed.
Many users including me no longer receive email notifications when new messages are posted.

I will see if I can disable the captcha.
The forum software is on probation. If it doesn't start behaving soon I will shop for a replacement.

Please let me know if the "Open Selection" problem returns.
If many document types are affected, my first suspect would be launch services.
Mac OS X seems to require occasional rebuilding of the launch services database.
I sure sign the database needs rebuilding is when the "Open with…" menu items start showing duplicates.

If only documents for TextEdit, Preview, … are affected, I would suspect a problem with the sandbox.
Though I believe to have shipped a workaround for that.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0