Clicky

Superman
I have had a search around the forums but can't find an answer...

Has anyone managed to launch a HoudahSpot search from within Path Finder? From what I have read some applescript commands work identically for PF so it's got a chance.

Alternatively where can I find the applescript which gets the folder and launches from Finder??

Hope someone can help
0 0
houdah
Hi!

There is some documentation in the Help book on how to call BlitzSearch from AppleScript. Also the Finder toolbar button for HoudahSpot is implemented using AppleScript. Feel free to have a look.

I however don't know how to invoke AppleScript from PathFinder.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Superman
where is the scripting dictionary you mention?
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I did not mention the scripting dictionary. It however is in the usual location. You just need to point Script Editor to HoudahSpot.app.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
ReallyDeep
With version 5 of Path Finder, there is a set of "Bookmarks" across the top (if you don't see it make sure the "View/Bookmarks Bar" menu item is checked). Mine are labeled Home (icon only no name shows), Favorites, Documents, Music, Movies, Pictures, Desktop, and Applications. I put an alias to HoudahSpot.app in the Favorites bookmarks (this is really the ~/Library/Favorites folder) and whenever I want to start it from Path Finder, I just click on the Favorites and then click on HoudahSpot.app and it starts up. It is already in the list of Applications, but my list is pretty long so it's easier and quicker to put it in the much shorter list of favorites.

I would prefer that Path Finder had a mechanism to assign a custom button to some application or maybe an AppleScript program, that would be automatically run when clicked, but maybe someday...

Hope that helps...

-Bob
0 0