Clicky

Houdah Software Forums

Author   Comment  
Danni

Any chance of adding Reveal in Path Finder support?
houdah

Hi!

Tembo's Reveal in Finder should actually reveal in PathFinder with the appropriate preference set in PathFinder.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
Danni

Yes it should.  But for some reason, it doesn't.  
Danni

And a P.S.:  I note that HoudahSpot has a separate command for Reveal in PathFinder.  I don't know how related Tembo and HoudahSpot are in architecture, and not just concept, but it appears that something additional was necessary for Path Finder to be called in HoudahSpot.  
houdah

Hi!

The option to specify the default file viewer is a new addition to Mac OS X.

Back when PathFinder integration  was added to HoudahSpot, dedicated code needed to be written to call up PathFinder. Hence both "reveal" commands got separate menu entries.

Please try toggling the "Set PathFinder as default file viewer" option in PathFinder. Then relaunch Tembo.

Does the "Reveal in Finder" command of other applications obey the setting in PathFinder?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
Danni

Had already tried toggling the Path Finder option, since that's often worked before when a new app wouldn't respect the option to Reveal in Path Finder instead of Finder.  It didn't work with a relaunch of Tembo.  But quitting and relaunching Path Finder did finally get Tembo to recognize and obey the option.  Probably would have tried that earlier but for noticing the separate commands in HoudahSpot, which led me to believe that additional code might be necessary.  But your explanation for the difference makes sense, so thanks for pushing me along to sooner-rather-than-later gratification!  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.