Clicky

jkmueller
Congratulations, Pierre. HoudahSpot has many excellent features. I use HS's complex Boolean search capability extensively, and HS's flexibility with columns display is terrific. Ability to access search templates from the Global Menu is very convenient--I use it all the time. It is very fast, and, for me, very stable.

[B]Features Request[/B]

1. Add capability for a simplified search term(s) box that would understand Boolean phrasing [B]and[/B] could be directed to search in multiple metadata fields at once, without having to re-enter the search terms multiple times.

For example: search phrase = (Prozac OR fluoxetine) AND pregnancy
search fields = filename + spotlight comments + keywords

I realize HS can already do this with the current interface, it just requires entering the search terms multiple times, so it is less efficient. (see FileSpot for an implementation of this, but FileSpot does not include "keywords" as one of the fields that can be checked).

2. Add a Results Display option for [B]Icon View[/B], with scalable icons, as Spotlight Leopard has. I'd love the option to visually see thumbnails of the first page of the files HS has found for me. (see Leap for an implementation of this, but Leap is far behind regarding Boolean capability).

3. Finally, add some capability to easily tag files, or at least modify Spotlight Comments, from within HS.

Great Product! I'm glad to have purchased a license. Keep up the good work!

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thanks for the suggestions.

These are all interesting ideas. I will keep those of file for consideration in the next major update.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
jkmueller
Pierre,

Thanks for your consideration of my suggestions. I've attached screenshots to further illustrate, all based upon the example I gave.

Ideally, in a simplified interface search, [I]any[/I] metadata field as well as Text Content could be chosen to be among the user-defined default search locations.

Thanks again! Click image for larger version - Name: HoudahSpot_Boolean_Inquiry.png, Views: 16, Size: 79.48 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Simplified_Interface_from_FileSpot.png, Views: 11, Size: 35.85 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Spotlight_Scalable_Thumbnail_Display_in_Icon_View.png, Views: 10, Size: 90.35 KB
0 0
Jono
Yes, an option to display in Icon View is something I'd definitely like to see in HoudahSpot.
I work with a lot of images, & Icon View is definitely needed to be able to distinguish images with the similar or sequential names (Quick Look is much slower than being able to see all the images together in one go to compare).

And I'll add my vote for tagging support!
0 0
houdah
vote accounted for :-D

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0