Clicky

robingo88
i've noticed that when i launch HoudahSpot from the little hS i have in my finder window (next to the spotlight search field) the program starts with a "boink/thunk" sound.  this doesn't happen if i launch it directly from the dock.

is there a reason for this sound and, more importantly, is there a way to turn the sound off?  (or at least change it)

many thanks! (this program has saved my bacon a LOT of times searching over multi-TB's of data when spotlight failed)

cheers!
r

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I have no explanation to  offer as to what causes the boink sound. It certainly is not an intentional feature of HoudahSpot.

Please check /Applications/Utilities/Console.app for error messages. The Finder may be trying to alert you of a problem.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
robingo88
hi pierre and thanks for your reply!

i started the console and looked for messages

when i start houdahspot from the finder menu bar i get the following two messages (and the 'boink' sound)

2/7/10 7:27:00 AM    droplet[83747]    Initializer-based scripting additions have been deprecated. Please update this addition: "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax"
2/7/10 7:27:00 AM    HoudahSpot[83749]    Can't find app with identifier com.houdah.HoudahSpotHelper

but when i start houdahspot from the dock (no 'boink') i get the following:

2/7/10 7:31:04 AM    HoudahSpot[84070]    Can't find app with identifier com.houdah.HoudahSpotHelper

so it looks like the boink has something to do with an adobe type unit addon or such...  probably not critical, but does this mean anything to you (or any idea how to correct either error message)

many thanks again!
robin

0 0
houdah
Hi!

"Adobe Unit Types.osax" installed by CS3 and others is not compatible with Snow Leopard. Adobe offers a download with an updated version.

The "Can't find app with identifier com.houdah.HoudahSpotHelper" is odd though. Please verify that you have only one single copy of HoudahSpot on your system. It is best installed in the Applications folder.

Best,
ohh.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0