Clicky

seeker
I love some of the time saving features in Houdahspot.

After searching through many pdf files and looking at one pdf in the Preview window, why would the number of matches in preview read a number like 14, but clicking on the ^ & v arrows do nothing? (Not function.)
0 0
houdah
Are the words still highlighted in the text?

Are the buttons enabled or greyed out?
Do the buttons still react - become slightly darker - to clicks?
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
seeker
Just now I had the searched word in the Refine box with the main-top-left box empty. Whether selected or not-selected, the arrow buttons ^ or v were still inactive when clicked, the color is always grey, (yet I'm not sure these changed coloring in past or not). I added the same word to the upper left entry box in case that was needed, but no change was noticed, whether selected or not, (blued text). Then a new feature was noticed:

Looking closer at the Text Preview window I saw a third icon shaped like two tiny corners, which when clicked, suddenly change the Text Preview window completely, such that all instances were suddenly displayed with line separators in between each instance surrounded by a line of adjoining text before and aft, very nice ; this in contrast to my previous experiences of seeing just a long readout of the text without line breaks...

Nevertheless, clicking the up-down arrows ^ & v was still inactive, while clicking again on the icon shaped like two tiny corners toggles the usual full text display back into view, while once again the up-down ^ & v arrows are still inactive and grey.
0 0
houdah
The "two tiny corners" represent the "Fold Text Preview" feature. That was introduced with HoudahSpot 5.0. It allows Text Preview to focus on sections/paragraphs that contain possible matches.

Can you please send screenshots to support [at] houdah.com?

Since "Fold Text Preview" is working, HoudahSpot must be aware that there are matches and know where to find them. I have never seen it fail to then actually highlight the matches. 
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0