Clicky

raimondodibella
I upgraded to version 3 (now 3.0.2), but I have 2 major problems:
1) HoudahGeo cannot read timestamps (and so no geotagging is possible from my GPS device) from raw files if there is a sidecar xmp file.
2) When dragging a CR2 image directly from the Libraries and Folders inspector to the "Images" windows on the right, it often loads as an .jpg file.
Any help?

Thank you and best regards

Raimondo Di Bella
0 0
houdah
Hi!

1. Could you please email me the sidecar file so I can have a look?

2. This is normal behavior. HoudahGeo references both the master and preview images. The JPEG preview is used for display in HoudahGeo and for publishing operations. During EXIF/XMP export, you have the option of "Tag Masters/Originals". With that checked, the CR2 master file will be tagged. You can see both paths at the top of the Inspector pane.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
raimondodibella
Thank you for your answer.
I emailed directely to you an xmp file as an example: I experiment the problem with all my CR2 files with xmp sidecars.
Best Regards

Raimondo Di Bella
0 0
houdah
Hi!

This fixes support for XMP file.

It also includes several fixes to the integration with Lightroom.
It will thus require some more testing before HoudahGeo 3.0.3 can be released.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
raimondodibella
Hello,
Thank you for the new beta. I tried it: HoudahGeo can read timestamps from
my newest XMP files but NOT from my older photos. I emailed to you some attachments of XMPs that still don't work and some others that work OK.
Best Regards

Raimondo Di Bella
0 0
raimondodibella
Version 3.03 (release) solved the problem with my XMP files. Thank you to Pierre Bernard for the EXCELLENT support.

Regards

Raimondo Di Bella

0 0
bluedog
I recently upgraded to HoudahGeo3 (and just installed 3.0.5) and now have major problems - in trying to load a bunch (122 images) of raw files (Nikon NEF), only 6 files load and then HoudahGeo freezes; I cannot quit the program and have to do a force quit. Please advise, thanks.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Sorry you are experiencing problems with HoudahGeo 3.0.5.

Where are you loading the images from? Media browser or Finder?

Could you please check /Applications/Utilities/Console.app for error messages from HoudahGeo?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
bluedog
I have tried loading the images from both the finder and the media browser - same result. And the problem only occurs with NEF files; jpegs are ok.

And yes, there are a number of HoudahGeo related errors in the console - here's a couple of samples:

9/01/12 6:57:17 AM    HoudahGeo[2183]    NSExceptionHandler has recorded the following exception: NSUncaughtSystemExceptionException -- Uncaught system exception: signal 11

9/01/12 7:04:11 AM    HoudahGeo[2571]    Error: stream had too few bytes

This last one ("Error: stream had too few bytes") appears about 6 or 7 times.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The "NSExceptionHandler has recorded the following exception: NSUncaughtSystemExceptionException" should by followed by details. Most importantly a stack trace (a series of hexadecimal numbers). This will tell me which line of code in HoudahGeo has failed.

Could you send me those details?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
bluedog
Here you go:

9/01/12 6:57:17 AM    HoudahGeo[2183]    NSExceptionHandler has recorded the following exception:
NSUncaughtSystemExceptionException -- Uncaught system exception: signal 11
Stack trace:  0x7fff878932d3  0x7fff80eff1ba  0x114e998a0  0x7fff8977be39  0x7fff8980784b  0x7fff8983837a  0x7fff898062f5  0x7fff897203a7  0x7fff89655afa  0x7fff895ec6de  0x7fff895e53b0  0x100001a44  0x2

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Unfortunately, I could not read much into the stack trace.

I searched my hard drive and found a total of 18 NEF files. I imported those into HoudahGeo with no problems. I don't have any more NEF files to test with.

What happens if you add the files one by one? Does it hang on a specific image? If so, could you email me that image?

Could you please try to use /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app to create a "Sample Process" output of HoudahGeo while it is hanging?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
bluedog
I've tried loading the NEF files again. One at a time, it is fine. When I added 10 together they did load, but it took more than a minute. I then loaded around 100 images and HoudahGeo stopped after the first 2. However, rather than doing a force quit at that point, I waited, and after about 6~7 minutes all the images loaded. So it seems the processing time with raw files is the problem. This didn't occur with the earlier versions of HoudahGeo; NEF files would load with no delay. I'll try again with some Canon raw files later today and let you know what happens.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

This should be way faster. My 18 images load so fast I cannot even time the process.

Please watch the Console log for error messages as you load the images.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0