Clicky

levelbest
I am continuing to make use of my work around using AppleScript to close all windows before launching and using Keyboard Maestro to trigger searches saved in a list. Not as perfect as built-in menus but, better. One feature I wish I had but do not see is the ability to use AppleScript to set a zoom level for the search results. I use Quick look normally to see file by file what the search brought up. But sometimes, depending on the data I searched on I might manually adjust the slider to zoom the found set up or down.

It would be nice if I could also program this through AppleScript so that it sets the new window where I want it, pulls back the left search area and zooms the found results consistently.

A possible solution to this would be if this is part of how a template is saved. If saving each search again with the zoom set a certain way, would this always open it the same way to the same zoom level as when it was saved?

Of course, If I can program it in them all I need to do to return the window to normal after I have tweaked it manually is pull down another search or use a keystroke on the same window, so I am still suggesting Applescripting the zoom function.

Thanks

ADDED: I just tested and you cannot adjust the zoom level on saving a template. Therefore the suggestion stands, having a programmable zoom would be a good thing.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for the feedback.

I have added this to my todo list.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
houdah
Hi!

HoudahSpot 3.7.5 now saves zoom level with the search document.

You may also set it using AppleScript:

[CODE]

tell application "HoudahSpot"

set z to gridZoom of first document

set gridZoom of first document to 0.1

end tell

[/CODE]

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
levelbest
Wonderful, brilliant. Thanks so much for the upgrade. This was a feature I was looking for.
0 0