Clicky

bantai
Hi,

I just received a BT-Q1300S which should be identical to the BT-Q1300 except it has a MTK II GPS Module. It works fine under my VMWare Windows XP installation but I can't seem to use it under OSX. I have it connected (VMWare is not running) and select Source=Device, Type=MTK (iBlue, Qstarz, ...), Port=USB, Name=SLAB_USBtoUART but the Acquire button is still disabled.

Have I missed something or is this device not supported?

Kind regards,
- Daniel

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Please connect your QStarz device via USB. Then in HoudahGeo select

- Device Type: MTK
- Port: USB

HoudahGeo will then suggest a USB device name. This will be something like "usbmodem620". Chose the suggested value from the drop down list.

You have entered SLAB_USBtoUART for device name. This does not match the actual device name. However HoudahGeo will retain your entry. Thus the suggested value will be visible upon opening the drop-down menu.

When you click the drop-down menu, you should see the suggested value below the on you have entered yourself. It will be of the form "usbmodem" followed by a three digit number. For it to appear the device needs to be connected and switched on. No driver is needed.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
bantai
Hi Pierre,

Thanks alot, I had just missed using the last drop down and selecting usbmodemXXX.

How would I delete old logs from the GPS device? I could do it from Windows but would prefer not to have to use windows for any part of my geotagging.

Thanks again.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Just below the device name menu is a checkbox titled "Erase". When checked, your track logger will be cleared upon importing its contents.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
bantai
Sorry for wasting your time with such a question.
0 0