Clicky

Drdul
I just discovered that HoudahSpot's QuickLook feature does not correctly display 16-bit grayscale TIF images, nor 16-bit RGB Photoshop images.  They are displayed with partial opacity.  HoudahSpot does correctly display 16-bit colour TIF images, though.

QuickLook in the Finder in 10.6 can handle all of these images correctly, so I am assuming the problem is not with OS X's QuickLook, but rather with HoudahSpot's version of QuickLook.

Cheers!
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Are you running HoudahSpot on Snow Leopard?

On Snow Leopard, HoudahSpot calls into the regular QuickLook feature. In theory, that should be exactly what the Finder does.

I would love to see screenshots of the problem so that I can report the bug to Apple.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Drdul
I spoke too soon.  It's only happening with one particular file (that I can find so far), for both the TIF and PSD versions, and for the life of me I can't figure out what is different about it than other 16-bit images I have.  The interesting thing is that the Finder can QuickLook it just fine.  I'm on Snow Leopard, so there must be some glitch in the way QuickLook is interfacing with HoudahSpot.

I have grabbed two screenshots, and will zip them along with the TIF and PSD files in question, and email you a link where you can download them.

Cheers!
0 0
Drdul
I figured it out.  The PSD and TIF images have an additional alpha channel.  I removed the alpha channel from the TIF (which I should have done in the first place), and lo and behold, all is well.  It's sill an issue for me, however, as I sometimes use and save alpha channels in Photoshop, and this bug prevents me from QuickLooking any of these images within HoudahSpot.  I have sent you an email with a link to a zip file containing the offending TIF with the alpha channel, as well as a couple of screenshots of how the QuickLook window appears.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Here QuickLook produces the exact same result in both HoudahSpot and the Finder. The image is shown as partially transparent.

I can see why you don't like that behavior. You should report a bug to Apple.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Drdul
Done!  Thanks for taking the time to respond to this issue.
0 0