Clicky

chronopsis
I have been using HoudahGeo for a few years now, and just recently noticed that it was randomly skipping files in the EXIF writing process. 

In my usual workflow, I tag using the iPhoto library loader and a loaded tracklog. After noticing that several files were missing the Lat/Long in the EXIF data, I brought the day's shoot of .NEF files back into HoudahGeo directly from the finder, which revealed the skips in the tagging (screenshot attached). This random failure of course makes the program unusable for me.
I'm using 2.9.5 but I'm reluctant to upgrade as I've seen no mention of this phenomenon on the site.
Click image for larger version - Name: HoudahGeoSkippingEvidence.jpg, Views: 5, Size: 231.52 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Were all of these files showing as geocoded prior to exporting to EXIF?
If not, this could be caused by "holes" in your GPS track logs.

I assume however that these were geocoded and the coordinates were not written.
Could you please check /Applications/Utilities/Console.app for errors from HoudahGeo during the writing of EXIF tags?

So far no similar issue was reported for either HoudahGeo 2 or HoudahGeo 3.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Were you able to reproduce this bug?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
chronopsis
I haven't been able to reproduce it, but I'll keep checking. I went through the error logs and couldn't find anything clear. There were a series of geocoding sessions that missed random frames which I had to manually fix by reloading the .NEF files directly.
My only suspicion now was that I had a lot of processes running at once at the time, maybe there were some glitches?
0 0
gavind
V 3.1.1 was just released. Maybe if someone could test this out.
0 0