Clicky

henning715
I find HoudahGeo very useful and simple to use. Thus, I was frustrated when I got the following error message while attempting write EXIF data:
-----------
One or more of the images were missing. They were skipped.
-----------
I looked in the directory and the images were there. After all, they had loaded successfully into the HoudahGeo project window. 

Turns out that I had locked the files on the camera. And the files were still locked on the computer. Unlocking the files enabled HoudahGeo to write the EXIF data. Problem solved.

I am suggesting to improve HoudahGeo in one of the following ways:
  1. rewording the above error message to "One or more of the images were missing or write-protected. They were skipped." 
  2. differentiation of the error message into one for missing files and one for locked files. 
Either way, it would be even more helpful if the offending file names were listed, so as to make identification of the problematic files easier with large batch processes.

Here is the excerpt of the console.log:

[QUOTE]
11/20/2010 12:04:07 PM         HoudahGeo[2291]         EXIFExport.m:1134 Processes: 1 / 1
11/20/2010 12:04:56 PM         HoudahGeo[2291]         EXIFExport.m:391 Found no master for : (null)
11/20/2010 12:04:56 PM         HoudahGeo[2291]         EXIFExport.m:415 Unknown parser : (null)
11/20/2010 12:04:56 PM         HoudahGeo[2291]         EXIFExport.m:619 Cannot read or write file: /Users/xxx/DSC_5394.NEF
11/20/2010 12:04:56 PM         HoudahGeo[2291]         EXIFExport.m:667 Queued 0 images
[/QUOTE]
Click image for larger version - Name: HoudahGeo_Error_images_were_missing.png, Views: 2, Size: 49.25 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

I agree with you on all accounts.

I have put the task of differentiating the error messages on the todo list for the next update.

Providing the names of the files that caused problem is indeed the right way to go. Doing so will however require a major update.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
markfickett
I had the same issue – and, since I was processing 600-1k images in a project, looking through console output was not useful. Glad to see it's on the list. It would be great if there were also an option like "Would you like to unlock these files and try again?".

As a workaround, I used this shell script to find which files were locked:

[CODE]#!/bin/bash
for file in /path/to/photos/to/process/*
do
locked=`GetFileInfo -al $file`
if [ $locked = '1' ]
then
echo $file
fi
done[/CODE]

(You could use SetFileInfo to unlock the files.)

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I must admit that the whole error processing needs to be reworked to produce a list of files that caused problems. Until then, the errors are shown in the Console only.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0