Clicky

dytis
I'm confused on what HoudahGeo saves - when you save a project file, does it save the GPS track log files? Is it possible to view the GPS tracks through HoudahGeo?
Thanks
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The HoudahGeo project contains everything you have loaded into the project: image references, track logs, waypoints.

There is however no way to extract track log information out of a HoudahGeo project. It serves for internal use only.

HoudahGeo has no way of displaying a track log.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
dytis
Thanks.
Is it possible to save just a track log (for later use) if I create a project and download the track, then save, without loading any photos?
Thanks again.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Sure. You may save a project with no photos and return later to add the photos.

I would however recommend using the free HoudahGPS or LoadMyTracks to archive the track log as GPX file. This is a standard format which is compatible with many utilities.

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0
dytis
Thanks for the info - HoudahGPS worked fine for me - I just wanted to archive the track files.
0 0
jwilleke
But this is a silly workflow:
Import tracks form device and tag photos (HoudahGEO)

Save pictures (HoudahGEO)

Export tracks to file (HoudahGPS)

Erase Device tracks (HoudahGEO)

Or am I missing something?
Thanks
0 0
houdah
Hi!

My workflow starts with HoudahGPS where I extract the track log from the device as GPX file and also erase the device. Then I usually use HoudahGPS to create a KML file to visualize the track log in Google Earth.

In HoudahGeo I then import the GPX file to tag my images.

The current version of HoudahGeo has a "Track Library" feature which you may enable in preferences. This saves a GPX copy of every track HoudahGeo handles. The result is a form of backup, but also quite a mess. I must admit to not liking the feature. It is thus likely to go missing in HoudahGeo 3.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0
Rolf
My original Wintec WBT-202 got wet and quit. I just purchased a replacement and my previous workflow IS working but it is a time consuming one (with my Canon 5D Mark II) so any suggestions would be appreciated.
1. Sync my camer's time and date with the computer on which the Wintec has been charged. Set out Wintec fully charged and press power switch for it to acquire current location (takes a few minutes).
2. Press the Flag button for 5 seconds. Take first picture to "anchor" subsequent series.
3. Shoot my series of photos while carrying the Wintec.
4. Load my (RAW) images from the FlashCard reader into Houdahgeo
5. Attach the Wintec to my MacBook Air's other USB and press the power button for 5 seconds to put it into MSD mode and so it's icon will mount on my desktop.
6. Click on "Read GPS data from file" and navigate to most recent file and load it.
7. Click on "Write EXIF/XMP/IPTC tags" to add the geo data to the FlashCard (4 above) images. This is a slow process and takes around 10 seconds per image.
8. When that is done, I click on "Export KML" and do it NOT to Wintec (default setting) but to my Desktop where I give it the day's date and save it. (I'm not sure how useful this is.)
9. Now the whole point of all the above is: Open Aperture and import the FlashCard Raw images, now with their geo data and indeed they do import into Aperture with the GPS data.

This workflow works but is time consuming. Also I don't know how to have this work well with Google Earth. Any suggestions would be welcome.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

2. What is the anchor for?

7. This should take about a second per image

7. You may want to use the "Create copies" option. This would copy the images to the computer before tagging. That way you have a backup if anything goes wrong.

8. Export to KML or KMZ is for visualizing the photos in Google Earth

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0