Clicky

RobLewis
Is is possible to search on the full POSIX path of files? For example, to exclude files whose path begins with "/Volumes/AuxVolume". 
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Sadly, no. The file path is not a searchable attribute.

You may however specify locations to search and locations to exclude. You may also filter results based on their paths.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
timdmackey
Could this feature possibly be added? I would find it very useful. I use a very specific folder structure for a lot of my graphic design projects, and being able to filter my search, for example to paths which contain the folder "Web Optimized Images" would be really useful.
0 0
timdmackey
Also, I noticed in a couple other threads that you said it couldn't be done because the path isn't indexed by spotlight. Does that matter though, since the path is still available as an attribute of the results? I suppose a "filter by path" option would have to be a secondary filter which ran on the results of your other filters.
0 0
timdmackey
I should explain my use case a little more. I have many different projects where I use the same basic folder structure. Here is an example, more or less the same as what I actually use:

PROJECT FOLDER
|-- 1 Original Images
|-- 2 Color Corrected Images
|-- 3 Edited Images (images that have been cut our from their backgrounds, or edited in other ways)
|-- 4 Finished Images
|     |-- CMYK
|     |-- RGB
etc...

I've been using this basic folder structure for a long time for all of the Product Catalogs at the company I work for. Oftentimes, I need to find the final images for a list of particular products, and so I use HoudahSpot to do this. Many of the products are carried over from year to year, and so I do not know which project folder the image I am looking for will be in, but i do know that it will be in a subfolder called "4 Finished Images." At the moment, I have to go through several results for each search and look at the file paths until I find the particular file that I need. If I was able to filter by path, then I could remove this step and about 3/4 of the time that I spend processing these images.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

The filter feature is in the top right corner of the HoudahSpot window. Click the loupe icon to switch it to "Filter by path". Then enter "Finished Images".

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0