Clicky

willfriedwald
Hey Pierre!  Here's a problem I started having today...

Basically, I have a whole bunch of sound files, with both the ARTIST & the song TITLE to search through.

I'm looking for

TITLE - it wouldn't be love
ARTIST - Harry James

when I search under TITLE, nothing comes up.

when I search for all tracks where the artist is Harry James, then the track comes up.

this doesn't make any sense.  Why can't I search by song title?

thank you, Pierre!

Will

PS: does this have anything to do with a  "spotlight index" - not even sure what that is or how it works...

0 0
houdah
Hi Will,

Once you have found the file, you may have a look at the Inspector window to see what the file has for title. My guess is that the Spotlight plug-in which indexed your music file has stored the title in an attribute by another name. You should see that in the Inspector window.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
willfriedwald
Not sure what the inspector window is - you mean in Houdah? When I find the file, and look at all the columns in a houdah template, the title is indeed in the right place.

am hot sure how the spotlight plug-ins work in terms of indexing the music - would like to figure out how that works, am sure that's part of the key to all my search issues.

after messing around with it for a while, I was able to find the title when I listed it as

"It wouldn"

by leaving out the apostrophe, somehow it found it - although I'm not sure if that's the issue.

thanks!

w

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Yes, I was referring to the Inspector window within HoudahSpot.

Spotlight relies on importer plug-ins to index files. Usually importers are provided with the application owning the file type. For common file types, importers come bundled with Mac OS X.

There was a bug with the way HoudahSpot handled single quotes. This should have been fixed since. Are you using the most recent version of HoudahSpot.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
willfriedwald
Okay - I never looked at those inspector windows before, they're all the way over on the very far right, and I usually never even  see that part of the window.

The inspector window doesn't show anything unusual - the title seems to be exactly where it should be.

I have tried to install the new version (2.5.6?) but whenever I start to install it within the program, I get the error message "update is improperly signed."  I was going to write and ask you about that in any case.

thanks!

Will

0 0
willfriedwald
aha! so far so good.

I downloaded the 2.5.6 from the website, rather than from within the program, (somehow I remembered doing that once before) and now everything seems to be working okay.

thanks - will let you know if anything questionable happens at this point...

w

0 0