Clicky

pteo
Hi recently upgraded to v2.4.1 (7551) and after the upgrade, the connection is significantly slower than before. 

I normally call it from a simple applescript below:

tell application "Type2Phone"
    activate
end tell

It used to activate almost immediately but after the upgrade, I have to wait 4 to 6 seconds before I can start typing.

Am using this with an Samsung S4 as a bluetooth keyboard.

Is there a setting that I can tweak or can I roll back to the previous version?  I purchased the software from the app store.

Thanks.

Philip

0 0
houdah
Hi!

This is an intentional change in Type2Phon 2.4 to work around an iOS 7.1 bug: iOS now takes about 3 seconds after connecting to get ready to receive keyboard input. Type2Phone thus adds an extra wait time.

If you use Type2Phone's automatic reconnect feature, you should be able to start typing right away. Type2Phone holds on to the text you type and sends it once the device is connected.

I will email you a link to a beta which tweaks the above behavior. The beta also has advanced settings to configure the wait time. I am however not yet sure if these settings will be available in the final version.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
pteo
HI:

Have enabled all the Reconnect options and it's better although there are some instances where it seems to drop some of the characters - eg. If I type "Should Be OK", this shows up on the app when I enable "Show Text" but only "Be OK" appears on the phone.

Please send me the link for the beta - will be glad to give it a shot.

Thanks.

Philip
0 0
houdah
Hi!

There is no newer beta than the one I had emailed you.
Is that version still giving you trouble?

Type2Phone 2.5 is currently processing for release on the App Store. It should go live any minute now (but might take up to 24 actually go live).

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
pteo
Didn't get the email for the beta.

Can you please resend as PM here or to my registered email.

Thanks.

Philip
0 0