Clicky

Ward
The attached screenshot shows a search for "vg2436" using Tembo 1.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Note that the first five documents have no timestamps. The green arrows shows the correspondence between two of the Tembo results and the corresponding files in a Finder folder.

The same File Name search in Finder shows only three results -- the last Tembo Document & the two PDF Documents. That's strange because I thought Tembo and Finder Find were working off the same Spotlight index.

-- Ward Click image for larger version - Name: Tembo_timestamps.jpg, Views: 6, Size: 264.58 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

In grouped view, Tembo shows the date last opened rather than the date modified. Not all files have last opened dates.

Both Tembo and the Finder query the Spotlight index. There are however subtle differences in the queries. E.g. Finder does not search the Library folders.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Ward
Thanks, Pierre, for your explanation of what we're seeing in the Tembo displays. I have several thoughts in response:

1. I'm been using Tembo since the early beta releases. This is the first I knew that the timestamps in the primary and single group displays differ. This would be clear if the primary display had column headers like the single group display.

I realize this difference is probably explained in the Tembo documentation. I'm in the "learn by doing, not by reading" camp.

2. "Sort by Date Last Opened" has surprising results -- files that have not been opened disappear from the results.

3. I'd like a preference to show Modified and/or Created timestamps in the primary display (a la Finder > View > Show View Options > Show Columns). I suspect I'd stick with my Finder default, Date Modified.

-- Ward
0 0
houdah
Hi Ward!

Thank you for the feedback.

When searching most recently opened files, it is normal for files never opened not to be listed.

I will consider adding an option to select which date to display in the group view.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0