Clicky

fwolfe
I discovered that several complicated templates "freeze" (don't search) after upgrade to 3.9.7.

In the template there is:

None of the following is true:
    Finder tag contains ____
    Finder tag contains ____

If I delete one of the 2 "finder tag contains" the template starts to work. If I then add back the deleted line the searching stops and the results become blank. This seems to have occurred with the new 3.9.7 version.

Thanks,

Fred


0 0
houdah
Hi Fred,

Can you check the Spotlight query displayed in Window > Show Query Inspector?

I have set up a search for:

NONE of the following is true:
- Finder Tags contains Blue
- Finder Tags contains Green

The Query Inspector shows:

(! ( ((kMDItemUserTags == '*Blue*'cd) || (kMDItemUserTags == '*Green*'cd)) ))

Do you see the same thing?

You can still download HoudahSpot 3.9.6.
 
Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
fwolfe
Here is what the Query Inspector shows after I open the template. I have added my last name, Wolfe, to the first line of the query:

((((kMDItemDisplayName == '*wolfe*'cd)) || ((kMDItemAlternateNames == '*wolfe*'cd))) && (((kMDItemDisplayName == '*(*'cd)) || ((kMDItemAlternateNames == '*(*'cd))) && ! (  ) && ((kMDItemContentType == '*com.adobe.pdf*'cd) || (kMDItemContentType == '*public.plain-text*'cd))) 

The query doesn't run.
However, after I add "Finder Tags contains Blue" as you suggested, the query does run and produce the correct results:

((((kMDItemDisplayName == '*wolfe*'cd)) || ((kMDItemAlternateNames == '*wolfe*'cd))) && (((kMDItemDisplayName == '*(*'cd)) || ((kMDItemAlternateNames == '*(*'cd))) && ! ( ((kMDItemUserTags == '*blue*'cd)) ) && ((kMDItemContentType == '*com.adobe.pdf*'cd) || (kMDItemContentType == '*public.plain-text*'cd)))

Fred

0 0
houdah
Hi Fred,

Thanks for the added details. I had misunderstood your first message and was therefore not able to recreate the problem here.

From the queries I can see where the problem is and confirm it is caused by a change in HoudahSpot 3.9.6.
I will fix that ASAP.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
fwolfe
Thank you.

Fred
0 0