Clicky

fablarosa
While it's true that we can tag one or more files with HoudahSpot, I find its tagging feature a bit limited because when I drop a folder on the HS tagging zone only the folder itself gets the tag I choose while the files/subfolders that are into the dragged folder are not tagged at all.
I would expect the tags to be applied also to the dropped folder's content, as many other tagging apps do (I actually use the freeware Tagger).

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thank you for the feedback.

This sounds like an interesting idea, but I am not sure how practicable this is. What if you want to tag the folder itself? How deep should one dive into the folder to tag files?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
fablarosa
By default you should recursively tag all files and subfolders contained in the dropped folder (that's what Tagger and Leap do) but you could add a checkbox to the tagging panel to "Tag only the top-level folder"; of course such a checkbox should be visible only when dropping a folder to the HS tagging zone.
0 0
Jono
When I tag a folder I only ever want to tag that folder, not it's contents. So if you make any changes please make them optional.
0 0
KipV
Going several folders deep would be a problem because only some of the tags you apply to the parent folder would make sense to add to the subfolders. If you tag your files good enough you really won't have a need to rely on folder hierarchies anyways. I just dump all my files into the documents folder and rely entirely on tags to find them.

0 0
fablarosa
What if you want to mass-tag or add some tags to a lot of files  that reside in the same folder?
Implementing "Tag folder's content" as an option would be ok for both uses.

0 0
KipV
Each tagging program has it's own ways to tag multiple files. One way to tag multiple files in HS is to drag a group of files over to it's sidebar tray.
0 0