Clicky

steve4640
Hi:

So far, Houdahspot is working great! A question came up regarding tags on local vs. remote volumes. We like to use tags for organizing our workflow.

On a local volume, the tags show up and the search works as it should, as shown in the houdah-2.jpg image.

However, the same file on the remote volume does not have the same amount of information in the Inspector, and the tags do not show up (houdah-1.jpg).

Is there some setting I need to configure to make tag searching work on the remote volume? The remote volume is being indexed with Spotlight.

Thanks!
Click image for larger version - Name: houdah-2.jpg, Views: 11, Size: 92.09 KB Click image for larger version - Name: houdah-1.jpg, Views: 9, Size: 29.11 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

That's odd. I just tested tagging a file on a mounted remote volume. The tag and other attributes showed up fine in HoudahSpot.

A minimal attribute set, as shown in your screenshot, would indicate that the drive is not indexed by Spotlight.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
steve4640
Thanks for checking this out.

Interestingly, I tested all sorts of remote drives and found that I AM able to get all my tagging programs (including Houdahspot) to recognize tags on files on the OTHER remote drives, but NOT on the DroboPro for some reason.

So, the conclusion of this investigation is that the Drobo is being indexed and spotlight will find files there, but the tags on the files on the Drobo are not recognized for some reason. I'll chalk this up to one of those mysteries I'll have to figure out later.

Nevertheless, Houdahspot is a GREAT program and it's become my most important file management tool.
0 0
steve4640
Problem solved. I used Spotless to index all content on the drive and now tag search works perfectly!
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Glad to hear that. Thank you for reporting back.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0