Clicky

ToddG
Howdy!

I've installed version 2.2.4 which fixed the Bluetooth download issue from the WBT-201.  A new issue is that the time stamp is incorrect when I write the new EXIF data that contains the GPS coordinates.  My workflow was to download my images (mix of RAW and JPG) to a folder on my desktop, tag them with HoudahGeo, then import the tagged images into Aperture 2.1.2.  Using this workflow, the times are off but the dates are correct.  The untagged images I imported using the same procedure have the correct time and date stamps.

Any fixes in the works for this?

Many thanks!!!!!!!

0 0
houdah
Hi!

I am not aware of any problems.

Please email support with a detailed description of the problem: sample image, screenshots of Aperture, camera time zone settings, ...

I will then be able to investigate the issue.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
ToddG
OK, done.  Hopefully there is a fix for this.

Thanks!!!!!!

0 0
ToddG
Wanted to mention that I tried adding the lat/long data a couple of ways.

First, I tried copying my RAW and JPG files to the desktop from my SD card, using HoudahGeo to tag them, then importing the tagged photo files into Aperture (latest version is 2.1.3).  As discussed above, using this method results in corruption of the timestamp data in EXIF.

Second method was to import my photos into Aperture first, then use HoudahGeo to tag them from my picture Library.  After tagging the masters, I used the "Update EXIF data from Masters" in Aperture and bingo!, the geotag information was in the EXIF field, with the timestamp information intact!  Yay! 

So it seems data gets corrupted on import into Aperture and after tagging.  I know Pierre is working night and day to fix this little bug, right? 

0 0
houdah
Hi,

Sorry to report that I am not working all night on this problem. It indeed appears to be an Aperture bug. The more people report it at bugreport.apple.com, the sooner we will see a fix.

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0
carstenheinz
Hi,

I am using version 2.3.5 and facing exact the same problem when using iPhoto 9.

problem description:
I have imported several iPhoto fotos into HoudahGeo. All pictures contain the correct time and date information. (In fact they have been taken in Thailand.) When I am ask to tell the program the time zone of the camera, I set it to Bangkok/Thailand.
Afterwards I tag the pictures using a nmea file. Finally the geo tag information is written by the program.
Back in iPhoto all pictures are 5(or 6) hours behind, which is the time zone difference between Germany (my location) and Thailand).

software:
Houdahgeo 2.3.5
iPhoto 8.1 (415)
Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540)

Kind regards

Carsten

0 0
houdah
Hi!

When asked to write timestamps, HoudahGeo adds the time zone information so as to make it a fully qualified timestamp.

My guess is that iPhoto displays all timestamps using your computer local time zone. Thus the time on a photo taken in Thailand will appear as it was in Germany at the moment you took the picture.

This is correct behavior. Imagine you are on the phone with family back home. While talking you both take a picture of yourselves. Though the pictures show different times on the camera, they were taken at the same time. Once enhanced with time zone information, both photos will show next to each other in iPhoto.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

0 0