Clicky

gerhard
Hi,

I'm just getting started with geocoding in general and HoudahGeo in particular. I've successfully managed to put together and play a Google tour (.kmz file), but I noticed the following about timezone displays:

- The original images are timestamped with the camera setting (in this case, GMT+7).
- The HoudahGeo project adjusts the time for the camera setting and then shows it in terms of my computer's timezone (GMT-7 at the moment).
- The Google tour displays the time in GMT.

Any way to get this all consistent? Or am I missing something? Ideally, I would like to show the time in all three places in terms of the original local time, i.e., the camera settings ...

And just to emphasize -- this is not a bug (all the times are correct), it's just a matter of preference and display.

Thanks,

Gerhard
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Thanks for the feedback.

The choice to show times in the computer's time zone within the HoudahGeo interface was made to keep HoudahGeo consistent will all other Mac applications. I however agree that there is a need to be able to show times in camera time zone. A time zone switcher, like the one found in iCal, would be very appropriate.

For Google Earth output, it may indeed be more appropriate to use the camera time zone.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
gerhard
Agreed -- an option or a preference for HoudahGeo to display times in camera, computer or GMT time zones would be great! And a separate option/preference to set the time zone for Google Earth output ...

Thanks,

Gerhard
0 0