Clicky

mactsk
I geocoded 6 albums of photos, on 3 of them i had a total corruption of the time and date, now i am on holidays and with my laptop so i can not check the master library (this is a copy of the iphoto library on my mac pro) and i can't replicate the problem now.

the date of the corrupted events looks like this

first photo
20/08/3269112

last photo
04/08/3269131

all the photos have the time 00:00:00

using houdahgeo 2.2.2
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems.

Where do you observe the problem: in EXIF/XMP metadata or in iPhoto?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
mactsk
In Iphoto, if i open HG and import the event the dates and times are ok..

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Correct me if I am wrong. You had photos in iPhoto for which dates were shown correctly. Then you geocoded those using HoudahGeo. Upon writing EXIF/XMP tags, you let HoudahGeo write to the iPhoto database. Now iPhoto shows erroneous dates.

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0
mlaboria
I have the same problem, I geotag 3 photos from an event and this photos lost the date/time information in iPhoto...
0 0
mactsk
Exactly, but the exif in the images are right.

I tried also to re export via HG but nothing changed.

(not a problem since on my main mac i have all back ups in time machine...)
0 0
ToddG
I had the same problem with Version 2.2.2 and the new 2.2.3 which I loaded up an hour ago.  I'm also having major Bluetooth connection and crashing issues which I will post about in a separate thread. 

Edit:  Further to the Moderator's post above, I downloaded my RAW (.CR2) files from my SD card to a folder on my iMac.  I then imported these RAW images into HoudahGeo and tagged them (using HoudaGPS to extract the data from my WBT-201 since HG could not do it -- more about that later).  I then exported them into Aperture.  Time stamps were wrong in the EXIF shown in Aperture.  Interestingly, the exact same procedure using HG 2.2.2 this morning retained the correct time in the EXIF data.
0 0
rgkresek
I am experiencing the same date problem, although if I click on Extended Photo Info in iPhoto the date and time is correct, but in the Information Summary box the date for a photo that I took today is 9/19/3395553. When I browse the Event it says the photos that I took today range in date from 10/26/51 to 10/19/79.
0 0
mactsk
rebuilding the iphoto database seems to fix the date error, the 3 events affected have returned to the correct date
0 0
damclark
As a new user, I just tried the software for the first time and I too experienced the date problem in iPhoto 09. After reading about the issue here I went back and restored my iPhoto database from Time Capsule and tried a couple of tests. Using an iPhoto event as source, with all the defaults in HoudahGeo, I entered the location using Google Earth interface and wrote to the EXIF for 2 pics. I got the iPhoto 09 warning and proceeded. Result corrupt dates. Screen shots attached.
Using the same event, and 2 separate pics, followed same process except I only wrote out the location info. No date corruption. Screenshot. I appears that I should ONLY be writing the location data. Not sure why I would want to write new time data anyway.
Don't know if any of this is of help, but there it is. Click image for larger version - Name: iPhoto.jpg, Views: 9, Size: 6.96 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Extended_Photo_Info.jpg, Views: 5, Size: 41.15 KB Click image for larger version - Name: HoudahGeo.jpg, Views: 10, Size: 38.62 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Extended_Photo_Info-1.jpg, Views: 7, Size: 40.26 KB
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Please accept my apologies for this bug.

HoudahGeo 2.2.4 will address this issue. This update should be released within the next couple hours.

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0
rgkresek

Glad to hear that it will be fixed.  Any suggestions on how to fix the photos already written to the iPhoto database?  I tried the suggestion to rebuild the iPhoto database, but that didn't seem to work for me.  I tried the "Rebuild..small thumbnails", then "Rebuild all.. thumbnails", and then finally "Rebuild the iPhoto Library Database from Automatic Backup", but none of them seemed to fix that date and time problem shown in the Information box or on the Event thumbnail (although the date and time in the Extended Photo Info is still correct).  Is there another way to rebuild the database or correct the dates?

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Writing the metadata again using HoudahGeo 2.2.4 will restore the correct dates.

Best,
Pierre Bernard

0 0
damclark
New 2.2.4 worked a treat! New write worked fine and old errors were corrected as stated with a re-write. Terrific work. Amazing response time to make corrections.

Thank you much Pierre.

Dennis
0 0
rgkresek

Everything is working fine.  Thanks again.

0 0