Clicky

exit106
I'm looking at HoudahGeo for the first time. I'm trying it on pictures from our recent trip to Utah's Zion National Park. Pictures from are from a Canon G15 and gpx tracks from my Garmin 78s. My Mac is using OS 10.11.4.

I load my pictures, import the tracks, and I can't seem to get a decent geotag on any pictures. Many images are outline in red.

I must be doing something terribly wrong, since my old geotag software has found all the proper geotag with exact location, with no hesitation.

The camera time stamp and gps track don't seem to be in sync.

Thanks for any help

0 0
houdah
Hi!

Automatic geocoding works by matching photo timestamps to times in the track log. For this to work HoudahGeo needs to know what time zone your camera clock was set to. I.e. it needs to know if the 3 PM time in your photo is to be understood as 3 PM in Los Angeles or 3 PM in New York.

I find the easiest way to specify camera clock settings in HoudahGeo is to simply “tell HoudahGeo how you set the camera clock”. Say you were in Los Angeles when you prepared your camera for the photo shoot or trip. You set the clock on your camera to match your alarm clock. Your camera is thus set to Los Angeles time. Select “America/Los_Angeles” as “Camera time zone” in HoudahGeo Camera Setup.

You can check if you got the settings right by looking at “Current camera time” in Camera Setup. If you have not reset the clock on your camera, this should match what the camera is currently showing.

After loading images and track logs in a project, you can again check if your camera clock settings are plausible. The timestamps on the photos should fall between start and end times of track logs. You may even remember how long it was between when you switched on the GPS and when you took the first photo.

Times in the project window are shown in the “display time zone” shown in the top right corner of the project window. If you set your “display time zone” to be the same as your “camera time zone”, times appear as they were on the camera.

If you set your “display time zone” to the time zone of the location where you took the photos, times appear in local time. E.g. you got up at 7 AM and started the GPS, took a photo some 30 minutes later. The first track will start at 7 AM, the first photo will be at 7:30.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
exit106
Unfortunately I can't seem to make anything work. I've brought in pictures and tracks and nothing seems to work. Time stamp on camera and tracks are set to correlate, but location is all wrong or does not apply to image. I'll try the software again at a latter date and on a different trip.

At this time I will not purchase.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

If you wish you can email the track log and a sample image to support at houdah.
Don’t forget to mention the time zone your camera clock was set to.

Best,

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0