Clicky

Craddosk
Hi,

When I try to geotag pictures using HoudaGeo, I get the message involving USB_claim_interface, and that the process has failed. What does this mean? The GPS being used is the Garmin nuvi 200.

I have examined my device (internal contents) for gpx files to load them directly using HoudaGeo, but could only find the ones with a datestamp from today. Anyone know how to either preserve old gpx files or ensure that I can geotag my pictures at a later date?

Thanks.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

Correct me if I am wrong. Nuvi branded devices are car navigation devices. I believe none of them records track logs.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
Craddosk
Yes, that is correct, does that mean I'm out of luck for using the HoudahGeo with the nuvi 200? Anyone know a workaround?

Thanks.
0 0
n4khq
With out tracks and time stamps you are out of luck with the nuvi. I would recommend a GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS 338 data logger. Just google GPS 338, they are cheep and work well with HoudahGeo. I have not tried connecting to the gps but you can download Globalsync for the mac to download your tracks.
0 0
crabuback
I just started playing around with this appl, but I had no problem obtaining geotag coordinates for my photos from my Nuvi 760 tracklog.  The tracklog is available when the GPS is attached to your Mac.  Look under Garmin/GPX/GPX_current.  Copy that to your desktop, and HoudahGeo can sync the photo to the tracklog.

What I haven't been able to do so far is to actually export the data to my photo's EXIF.  I'm sure I'm just missing something somehow.

0 0
houdah
Hi!

What is the problem you are having with writing EXIF?

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
crabuback
I am using Microsoft Expression Media 2 as my digital asset manager.  It turns out they have two different places where longitude and lattitude can be stored and I didn't realize that at first. Houdah Geo writes to the longitude and lattitude spots under EXIF data and I was originally looking under Annotations.  I think Photoshop Bridge has a similar way of storing data also.

I'm fine now that I figured that out.

Great app!

0 0