Clicky

sperkins
I've just upgraded to 4.0 and would like to use templates from previous versions. Is there a way to import them?
0 0
houdah
HoudahSpot 4.0 cannot load saved searches of templates created by previous versions.

Major changes to the way HoudahSpot works made it impossible to create perfect copies of existing searches in the new version.
Rather than having an import operation that creates imperfect results, I figured it be better not to offer import.

One of these changes is in the way Locations work. HoudahSpot now respects the "most fine-grained" selection: HoudahSpot can, for example, search your home folder, skip the Library folder, but still show results from the Mail folder, which is nested within your Library folder.

I suggest you keep HoudahSpot 3 installed until you have migrated your templates to the new version.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
https://www.houdah.com

HoudahGeo: One-stop photo geocoding
HoudahSpot: Advanced file search utility
Tembo: Easy and effective file search
0 0
kevans
I would have liked to know this BEFORE updating.  
0 0
grafico
I am also very annoyed that this wasn't made clear before I upgraded today! I have dozens of templates that I rely on daily...there is no way I can go and recreate them, because I deleted version 3.9 to be sure there wasn't a conflict. Now I have to reinstall 3.9, so I've wasted my money!

Thanks for nothing!
0 0
lwhitten
yes - that was not good. luckily the old templates stay where they were, and even if deleted you might be able to grab the 3.9 version from the trash and move back to applications.

why did the minimum number of results that could be limited jump to 1000? that's not helping me whittle down!

Also, the pulldowns need to be wider, even if the base size is narrow. It's impossible to choose the right one without really widening the whole left side.
0 0
houdah
Hi!

A migration tool is now available. Use this tool to convert HoudahSpot 3.x templates for use with HoudahSpot 4.0.

From a HoudahSpot 3.x search document, the migration tool creates a new document that will be a close match to the original document. Use HoudahSpot 4.0 to make adjustments and save the search as a template.

Download HoudahSpot Migration Tool 1.0.1 (10143)

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.

1 0
kevans
Thanks for giving us an example of the French expression: Mettre la charrue devant les bœufs !

Anyway, all is forgiven. The new version is working very well for me (Yosemite 10.10.2). In fact, I recreated my templates before you posted the migration tool. It was actually a lot faster to do than I feared.

Benoît Evans
Québec
0 0
Jono
Thanks for the Migration Tool, very useful.
When I use it to convert saved searches it shows the 'Display Name' column on the left and the usual 'Name' column over on the right, so I have to uncheck the 'Display Name' column and move the 'Name' column over to the left. Was that intentional?

Also, it would be handy to be able to drop existing saved searches onto the Migration Tool to open them :)
0 0
houdah
That was a bug. Now fixed in version 1.0.1

I have updated the download link above.

Best,
Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.